Aussie u2 fans - u2 360 on tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akann

Acrobat
Just watched u2 360-live from the rosebowl on max tv. They are replaying the show tomorrow at 5p.m. The show which wasn't the entire concert went for just over an hour and they played songs like ultraviolet, streets, mos, and crazy...Stage and production looked great!

A lot of post audio work was done. For instance the botched Crazy Tonight ending was fixed. Sunday Bloody Sunday's intro was also fixed. Some songs are a little rusty...like Streets for instance. Bono tried to do the Slane Castle intro but really couldn't pull it off. Over all it was a good concert (despite it not being the entire thing). However it isn't their best dvd by far!

How can you say that it isn't "their best DVD" if you haven't watched the DVD?

I'll reserve judgement until I have the real thing in my hands. A tv broadcast of a couple of songs doesn't do the whole concert justice.

That said, I'm still pissed Breathe is missing, no matter how much I try to reserve judgment of the DVD until I see it. It just doesn't seem to be the same without Breathe.

Have to say, I only saw Kingdom because I had a family thing, but I fox IQ'd it so I will see it in the morning, looked amazing. Some very U23dish production with the crowd shots. very very awesome

How can you say that it isn't "their best DVD" if you haven't watched the DVD?

I'll reserve judgement until I have the real thing in my hands. A tv broadcast of a couple of songs doesn't do the whole concert justice.

That said, I'm still pissed Breathe is missing, no matter how much I try to reserve judgment of the DVD until I see it. It just doesn't seem to be the same without Breathe.

I can tell you know it isn't their best DVD and others will agree with me...because we all watched it on youtube. And plus it was from the DVD but with only a select few songs shown.

I can tell you know it isn't their best DVD and others will agree with me...because we all watched it on youtube. And plus it was from the DVD but with only a select few songs shown.

I was actually quite impressed. Max-TV is only standard def and it looked and sounded great. Once we get high def Blu-Ray picture and 5.1 sound, I think it will be my favourite DVD/video.

Much improved on the youtube version.

Also, I'm pleased that the half-concert that was broadcast included songs I was most looking forward to (Crazy Tonight, Ultra Violet, Moment of Surrender) rather than another version of Streets.

I Foxtel IQd it but there's no way of getting that online, from what I know. UF is in it. I'm actually super impressed with it, I think if the DVD is of that standard it's really going to be great.

They showed:

1. Kingdom
2. Get on Your Boots
3. Magnificent
4. Elevation
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Vertigo
7. Crazy Tonight
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Amazing Grace/Streets
10. Ultraviolet
11. Moment of Surrender

They showed:

1. Kingdom
2. Get on Your Boots
3. Magnificent
4. Elevation
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Vertigo
7. Crazy Tonight
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Amazing Grace/Streets
10. Ultraviolet
11. Moment of Surrender

What about the begining of the show ?
Was it good or the missing of Breathe was too big ?

Overall I quite liked the edited special on Foxtel, was better then I expected after being a bit dissapointed with the youtube show.

The intro was interesting, only had a tiny bit of Kingdom so it's not even worth listing as a song that was played. Then they had a few crowd shots while Boots started and that was a pretty good version. It was a reasonably smooth transition but was a bit weird just seeing the bank suddenly onstage and playing instead of the usual build up of Breath.

They'd better make Breath the opener on the DVD, cos the only people who are going to buy the DVD are hardcore fans like us and we all want it!

Boots, Crazy Tonight, Ultraviolet and Moment of Surrender were the highlights for me. I love The Unforgettable Fire and it was good to see/hear it, but I think Bono was a little lazy with his singing and lyrics in this one.

I'm looking forward to seeing the whole show, looks good!

It owned the youtube show. It was actualy quite amazing. The director balanced quick cuts with lingering shots really well. The intro worked realy well, but it was annoying knowing breathe should have been there.

If you didnt know about breathe, youd have thought it was just how it started, and that it was awesome.

Vry much want to see UTEOTW and Unknown caller.

looks like we have to believe in the Brazilians!
shame on Ozzies... c'mon bring it here!

Back
Top Bottom