ATYCLB Vs HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll say with pride that HTDAAB is my third favorite U2 album behind THE JOSHUA TREE and ACHTUNG BABY, while ATYCLB is my least favorite, if we don't count EPs or the Passengers album. HTDAAB is much more rocking and forceful and the one-two punch of "Love and Peace or Else" and "City of Blinding Lights" is sheer divinity. "Beautiful Day" is ATYCLB's answer to "CoBL", but its power is immediately sunk by the treacly "Stuck in a Moment..."; after "Kite", ATYCLB becomes an alternately poppy and turgid mess, rising from the doldrums only (to a small degree) with "When I Look at the World" and (to a large degree) with "New York". "Grace" is the absolute nadir for a U2 album closer. I'll still take ATYCLB over most band's best work but, on the U2 scale, it has in no way, shape or form earned its modern-classic-over-HTDAAB status for me...

I'll say with pride that HTDAAB is my third favorite U2 album behind THE JOSHUA TREE and ACHTUNG BABY, while ATYCLB is my least favorite, if we don't count EPs or the Passengers album. HTDAAB is much more rocking and forceful and the one-two punch of "Love and Peace or Else" and "City of Blinding Lights" is sheer divinity. "Beautiful Day" is ATYCLB's answer to "CoBL", but its power is immediately sunk by the treacly "Stuck in a Moment..."; after "Kite", ATYCLB becomes an alternately poppy and turgid mess, rising from the doldrums only (to a small degree) with "When I Look at the World" and (to a large degree) with "New York". "Grace" is the absolute nadir for a U2 album closer. I'll still take ATYCLB over most band's best work but, on the U2 scale, it has in no way, shape or form earned its modern-classic-over-HTDAAB status for me...

You must be quite brave to say that. But thats your opinion. :wink:

ATYCLB > HTDAAB.

Absolutely, positively, definitely, no question IMO.

HTDAAB was the first U2 album ever that didn't excite me.

Back
Top Bottom