Aside from Numb, what songs has The Edge written the lyrics for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like the new album to have lyrics entirely by Larry Mullen. Now, that would be something different.

Sample song, "Our New Album": "I'm sitting here watching Elvis movies / and eating veggie burgers / The phone rings / it's that bastard friend of mine, Bono / asks me what the new album should sound like / and I say / like the Stones and Jimi / in 4-4 time."

Sample song #2, "Haircut": "Head to barber on Grafton Street / sit down and read the paper / Barber says, 'How do you want it Laurence?' / And I say, "the same as in 1978 and 1985 and 1994."

Can't you just see tens of thousands waving lighters while singing it in unison??
Greatest. Post. Ever. :cute:

I would like the new album to have lyrics entirely by Larry Mullen. Now, that would be something different.

Sample song, "Our New Album": "I'm sitting here watching Elvis movies / and eating veggie burgers / The phone rings / it's that bastard friend of mine, Bono / asks me what the new album should sound like / and I say / like the Stones and Jimi / in 4-4 time."

Sample song #2, "Haircut": "Head to barber on Grafton Street / sit down and read the paper / Barber says, 'How do you want it Laurence?' / And I say, "the same as in 1978 and 1985 and 1994."

Can't you just see tens of thousands waving lighters while singing it in unison??

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

this made my morning :up:

As is Dirty Day.

Generally, the crappier lyrics can be traced to Edge. :wink:

Joke post?

"You're looking for explanations
I don't even understand
If you need someone to blame
Throw a rock in the air
You'll hit someone guilty

From father to son
In one life has begun
A work that's never done
Father to son

Get it right
There's no blood thicker than ink
Hear what I say
Nothing's simple as you think"

Better than that submarine/gasoline rhyme........

:doh:

I reread that part of U2 by U2 and "Don't talk to me about the rights of the IRA, UDA" were indeed Edges opening lines, but eventually Bono seems to have written most/all of SBS.

Random Question:

Who was responsible for the whole "Mole digging in a hole" lyric on Elevation? :|

I think Edge usually contributes lyrics to the songs he sings prominently on, eg. Dirty Day, Stuck, When I Look at the World. Most likely only the part he sings, or at least that seems logical.

Back
Top Bottom