Aretha Franklin with Metallica and U2 MSG October 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read it. It is a shame they cut out her performance with Lenny Kravitz.

didn't they have some other rock and roll hall of fame oriented concert , like years ago? i remember lou reed performing and a bunch of other artists doing this and that? I don't believe it was a induction ceremony.

the ironic thing about this statement is that Springsteen & The E Street Band, whom are pretty much all 10+ years older than U2, and have a few health issues to deal with, had been on the road for close to 2 straight years when this concert took place, and had an energetic, close to 2 hour epic set.

Oh wow... then there you go. I wasn't the only one that saw their performance as blah. And yes, Springsteen's performance was waay more energetic. It's re-running all through this month but I'd rather watch Bruce's performance over & over again rather then U2's.

has anyone read the rolling stone article on this? aretha franklin is crazy.

Yeah I remember the article saying she wanted all the ventilation cut off in MSG along with cardboard over the vents in her dressing room. Wanted only chinese food or something and refused to rehearse or stay on plan with the songs, etc. I just remember the person writing kept saying "more demands or drama from Aretha. Real diva shit there. :D

i just watched it on my DVR and i thought they were pretty great -- i didn't see all that time on the road, and i thought the duets were fairly perfect, and we might have a new best-ever ISHFWILF.

Metallica looked like they were asleep in comparison, and i worried Ozzy was going to break a hip.

I watched it on German TV last night and thought it was amazing, but they didn't show the whole U2 set. Of all the performances I loved Beautiful Day the most, I thought it was an amazing, really awsome performance of the song. I wish there was a good bootleg or an official DVD release coming up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4hwiLpU50A

Back
Top Bottom