Are You Gonna Wait Forever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thelaj said:
It is better than ABOY anyway :wink:

Yeah I would say that. Especially since it doesn't have words like intellectual tortoise and doesn't have an annoyingly deafening intro! I don't think AYGWF is exceptional but it's not bad.

Best song they released in 2004...:yes:

That is the kind of guitar sound/style I wish the Edge would use for a whole album...:hyper:

But for the most part it's a pretty pedestrian guitar part, and we know the Edge does not care for that kind of sound...:sigh:

Funny I wrote in another thread that I've been in love with this song the past week...:rockon:

why the hell wasn't this on the last album? it's better than most of the stuff that did make the album.

Great, great song certainly made me think we would get a real rockin' twelve-track album, but it didn't really end up that way.

I love the lyrics and they are absolutely one of Bono's best this decade along with Kite for example.
Not to mention how awesome it is to play it! :rockon: That's three chords and the truth, for ya! (Except for the little "There's no one there behind their eyes " break near the end)

It's a shame that it didn't make the album as I think it would've been way better than All Because of You live but in the end the tracklist is decided by the members of the band and not the fans.

Nothing special. Great chorus, but some of the lyrics are awful. Kind of a mixed bag, really. Glad it didn't make the album.

It's OK but there's something about the vocals on the chorus that annoy me (and I'm usually Bono's biggest fan). Maybe it just needs more work...

Liesje said:
It's OK but there's something about the vocals on the chorus that annoy me (and I'm usually Bono's biggest fan). Maybe it just needs more work...

Lies, I know what you mean, and to be honest even though I'm thoroughly digging the song right now it's still a rough cut and probably a rough mix. I bet if it was tighten up a bit more and Bono redid the vocals that song would be killer....:rockon:

So we get a great B-side...I'm :cool: with that!

Was this song recorded during the sessions for ATYCLB or Bomb? Eno and Lanois are credited as producers so I was assuming it was intended for ATYCLB.

Along with Xanax and Wine, this would've really rounded out Bomb's sound. Not really an outstanding song IMO but buried in the album it would've worked.

I really enjoy it. I think it could have easily replaced "A Man and a Woman" or "One Step Closer".

Back
Top Bottom