Are U2 drug free?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beofre reading on the conversation I thought you were talking about the E channel...

I was gonna say... E is the only channel that doesn't display the emergency weather service messages.

A while back I read an interview with Moby (remember him?) who said he was in a club and saw Bono snorting coke. I think this was in the late Nineties. Maybe he was talking out of his ass. All we do know is they've dabbled in stuff when they were younger, but beyond that its all pointless speculation.
Although it's safe to say U2 have never gone into Rolling Stones / Depeche Mode territory.

That's what I heard from someone on Google Groups. This is where I also heard that during the early 90's some of the band members may have got into heroin. If you remember that songs that were recorded around that time such as Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car and Numb do indicate a nod towards heroin.

Which source is more reliable?

Someone on Google Groups? Youtube comments? Or
BatBoyFBI.jpg
?

Cactus Annie's Monitor of Truth

1% BVS's favorite rag The Weekly News (1% comes from the name of the publisher which must be true)

4% David Icke's tall tales of the shape shifting illuminati

5% Other non shape-shifting illuminati conspiracy theorists

20% YouTube comments

35% Women's weekly magazine's (I knew someone who had a story printed in one of these magazine's. She showed me the article and said that less than half of what they wrote was true).
The National Enquirer. The Star. The Sport

40% Fox News (I can't get this but I have seen clips of it on other news channels and on Jon Stewart's show. Glenn Beck is a bit of a loon isn't he?)

50% Google Groups and other internet forums. Celeb magazines and trashy TV programs such as The Jeremy Kyle Show

58% The Sun/News Of The Word. The Mirror. Talksport radio station

60% The Mail newspaper. The Express. Pop psychology books. NLP. Other TV shows that you see in Britain.

79% Wikipeadia (The first point of call if your taking notes for an essay. Then you can use the references to check on the theory and alter and reference them instead. Never reference Wikipeadia in an essay. I actually find the articles on serious topics tend to be reliable than the biographies. There's always a mistake in the biographies.)

80% ITV, Channel 5 and BBC news

81% RT news, Interference

84% Channel 4 news

85% Broadsheet newspapers but are still political left or right leaning. TV shows such as Newsnight and Question Time. BBC Radio 4

87% Independent newspaper (which is not a left or right leaning newspaper)

90% TV documentaries

94% Journals

99% Text Books

Sorry if this was already posted, but in the book U2 BY U2, in the part when they talk about Actung Baby, theres a photo of them shooting the video for The Fly, and Larry is clearly smoking a joint, the rest of the band almost in circle around him looking really high.
Then there's a photo session they made at the end of ZooTV in Tokyo, if I remember correctly, and in one photo in particular Adam has a joint in his hand, and the rest of the band look strangely happy too...
I'd like to post the photos I'm referencing but I can't at this moment.
In my opinion they have experimented with drugs in the 90's.

Sorry if this was already posted, but in the book U2 BY U2, in the part when they talk about Actung Baby, theres a photo of them shooting the video for The Fly, and Larry is clearly smoking a joint, the rest of the band almost in circle around him looking really high.
Then there's a photo session they made at the end of ZooTV in Tokyo, if I remember correctly, and in one photo in particular Adam has a joint in his hand, and the rest of the band look strangely happy too...

How is it clearly a joint and not just a handrolled cigarette?

I don't care if they've done drugs or what they've done or what they still do....Just wanted to point out that I looked through this entire section of the book and the only pic of anyone smoking with the band circled around them that I can find is Adam, who always had a smoke in his hands back then. His hand is covering whatever he is smoking so there's not really a way to tell it's a joint or a hand rolled cigarette as BVS mentioned. And the rest of the band doesn't look "really high." Unless I'm looking at the wrong photo....

Back
Top Bottom