Are U2 drug free?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That just shows you how hip and with it I am when it comes to the pot.

Also, I just typed "the pot."

Hand me my cane, sonny!

Have U2 always been drug free? I have read tons of interviews with bono and they claim to be drug free, and the main reasons are because many of their friends tried heroin for instance and got addicted. Bad and Running to stand still are great examples about that.

But im not really talking class-a drugs, what about cannabis? Is there any info/pics about them smoking cannabis?

Adam got arrested in 1989 for posession of cannabis, and Edge tried the crazy mushrooms once. Other than that, they did perform drunk once in the early 80's but it turned out to be a disaster.

If by drugs you mean cigarettes and alcohol, then no, they haven't been free.

Adam got arrested in 1989 for posession of cannabis, and Edge tried the crazy mushrooms once. Other than that, they did perform drunk once in the early 80's but it turned out to be a disaster.

i have this thing that i've been trying to sell. i think you'd love it. it's a little old, needs some work... but with a little TLC it'll be running like new.

brooklyn-bridge.jpg

Adam got arrested in 1989 for posession of cannabis, and Edge tried the crazy mushrooms once. Other than that,

I don't want too read to far into your use of "once" and "other than that.." - but let me guess, these two reports are what you believe to be the sum and total of their use of anything other than drink and cigs? :lol:

14246.jpg

During desire on the zoo tv tour, when bono performs as mirror ball man and in the intro in for example sydney on the same tour I think it's pretty obvious that he uses something to kick in the characters, and I don't think it's only alcohol and cigarettes ;)

I smoke weed, and I am proud of it :D

I also wonder what all happened during their wild times in LA in the late 80s. This period of the band is seldomly discussed. Young rock stars + LA+ late 80s... yeah.

During desire on the zoo tv tour, when bono performs as mirror ball man and in the intro in for example sydney on the same tour I think it's pretty obvious that he uses something to kick in the characters, and I don't think it's only alcohol and cigarettes ;)

Not that I'm anti-weed...

but at the same time that's not exactly something to be proud of.

How is it "obvious" to you?

There was a bit of controversy here in Aust a couple of years back when Daniel Johns (from Silverchair) said in an interview that he smoked weed with Bono and Peter Garret (Midnight Oil lead singer and now Aust federal environment minister) in a hotel room in 06 whilst U2 were in the country.

He came out later and withdrew his statement, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a trumor!

I don't even understand how pot smoking is controversial anymore.

I think it was controversial because it was a federal politician and the worlds biggest "do gooder" if you know what I mean.

Anyone else it wouldn't be so big of a deal!

"Was revived" are the exact words that I was told. That whole week was a bit of a mess from all reports.

I'd never heard that. Could you be up and about, playing a gig the night after having been just a teensy bit dead?

I'd never heard that. Could you be up and about, playing a gig the night after having been just a teensy bit dead?

Kurt Cobain played a gig in early 93 ten minutes after being technically dead. All you need is a shot of adrenaline. If administered in time you can be saved and "ok" in a short amount of time. You'd be shakey as though!

Yeah, but Cobain was used to being technically dead every so often. :wink:

Anyway, not saying that couldn't be true about Adam. They've done a good job of keeping details of that (and, I'm assuming, anything else that might have happened over the years) secret.

Although, I could be misinterpreting this wrong. "Revived" could perhaps just mean that he was found unconscious. In this case, it could have just been alcohol though.

Remember a couple of years ago one of them (I think Larry?) said that there were a few big skeletons in the U2 closet and that they were very lucky that none of it came out?

We will never hear any of this from them though, I doubt any of them will break ranks and write a tell all book or anything.

It's probably just the usual rock star cliches - affairs, a little bit of drugs, drunken debauchery.

I feel fairly confident in assuming there aren't any actual dead bodies involved.

Haha, Larry is a straightalker so maybe he meant U2 have ACTUAL skeletons in their closet. Anyone seen Lola Cashman lately...?

Back
Top Bottom