Are they one album away from being a crap band and outta here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are U2 on the brink of losing their relevancy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Based on Bono's statement:

"2 crap albums from us and we're outta here"..

Is U2 just one album away from Bono's prolific mantra?

Has their relevancy reached a crescendo and no matter what they do-they look old fat and tired?

What say you?

<>

To answer the first one: No, U2 is not one album away from Bono's prolific mantra. Let me know when they put out their FIRST crap album.

Addressing the second question: No, their relevancy has NOT reached a crescendo and they will forever matter in pop music history. Now, as humans, we all get old and put on a little weight. Certainly, you could expect the same from the members of U2, right? We can't all be 27 forever. :shame:

Finally, what say I? I say why don't you share why you still care about U2 if you no longer feel they are relevant? After all, you wouldn't have created this thread if you didn't still care about U2?

"Yes-they need another masterpiece..like War, JT or ATYCLB"

By masterpiece you mean, a brilliant album that is still nowhere near as good as their best work, namely The Unforgettable Fire?

Even if the new album is widely considered "crap," does anyone really believe Bono's going to say "Well, I guess that's in, then. Five years ago I said we'd quit if this happened, so I guess we're throwing in the towel."

Well i love u2, i dont really think they have any "crap" albums but they might think they do. They have a couple i can do without....and I do think they need another masterpiece so i guess that's how I voted. I like PoP and Zooropa better than ATYCLB or HTDAAB, but that doesnt mean i hate the last two albums. I really just adore that era...starting with AB, ZOOTV, Zooropa, & into PoP and PoPmart. I think when PoPmart closed its doors that was the "end of an era" so to speak.

ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour were nice and refreshing, and i love the intimacy the band shared with the fans. HTDAAB was okay i suppose, but the way this band handled the tour, tickets, and some of the "two words" comments from :larry: was bullshit. Also it sucked that the band no longer wanted to see my smiling face down in the heart and decided to try and mixup who got to go inside the "elipse" or whatever on the last tour. I guess i was spoiled from being in the heart on the elevation tour so many times and rubbing noses with celebs and partying like hell. I do realize the situation with some family members of the band and i certainly understand and forgive any and all of that. But im ready to slam the door shut on this era for sure.

I should add, i had a dream about u2 the other night, which is something I haven't done in years. They honestly interest me again, and i had been kind of burned out on them after being a superfan for so long. Yeah i guess i still love them.

Bring on whatever, im not ready to tune out just yet. :cocktail:

Last edited:
:

Finally, what say I? I say why don't you share why you still care about U2 if you no longer feel they are relevant? After all, you wouldn't have created this thread if you didn't still care about U2?

I read somewhere on the internet that it's a commonly held fact in some circles that the Jonas Brothers have dethrone UII.

:)

<>

Well i love u2, i dont really think they have any "crap" albums but they might think they do. They have a couple i can do without....and I do think they need another masterpiece so i guess that's how I voted. I like PoP and Zooropa better than ATYCLB or HTDAAB, but that doesnt mean i hate the last two albums. I really just adore that era...starting with AB, ZOOTV, Zooropa, & into PoP and PoPmart. I think when PoPmart closed its doors that was the "end of an era" so to speak.

ATYCLB and the Elevation Tour were nice and refreshing, and i love the intimacy the band shared with the fans. HTDAAB was okay i suppose, but the way this band handled the tour, tickets, and some of the "two words" comments from :larry: was bullshit. Also it sucked that the band no longer wanted to see my smiling face down in the heart and decided to try and mixup who got to go inside the "elipse" or whatever on the last tour. I guess i was spoiled from being in the heart on the elevation tour so many times and rubbing noses with celebs and partying like hell. I do realize the situation with some family members of the band and i certainly understand and forgive any and all of that. But im ready to slam the door shut on this era for sure.

I should add, i had a dream about u2 the other night, which is something I haven't done in years. They honestly interest me again, and i had been kind of burned out on them after being a superfan for so long. Yeah i guess i still love them.

Bring on whatever, im not ready to tune out just yet. :cocktail:

I'll go along with all that.
Plus, I had a U2 dream too, they had put out a masterpiece, now let's hope it comes true...

all your 'hilarious' joke options ruin any chance of getting a good idea of what people really think and render the poll pretty much useless and i've never seen War or ATYCLB being held in the same regard as The Joshua Tree (let alone ACHTUNG BABY) round here so that option's a little misguided and more, i'm assuming, your personal taste.

my opinion, the last album was pretty terrible and they're taking a fucking AGE on this new one so it had BETTER be good...:huh:

What's your definition of a masterpiece, and what's the difference from an album which is considered as a masterpiece and a great album? Is a masterpiece something that inspires people to reform their own band and make music themselves? If so I wouldn't consider HTDAAB, Pop or Zooropa a masterpiece, but their great albums whereby most of the songs I like. If I had to say which albums I would consider a masterpiece based on that definition, I'd say JT and AB probably inspired people. But if you're expecting every album to be a masterpiece then you are going to be disapointed, no matter who recorded it. The best you can wish for is that most of the tracks on the album you enjoy and anything else is a bonus.

Considering their last album sold 10million+ copies and won 5 grammies, I don't really think they are anywhere near that statement. Maybe so in the eyes of overlly critical fans but not in the general music fans world I don't think.

Brittany and Michael Jackson being multiple grammy winners sold lots of records I tink too.:up:

<>

I think that if the album doesn't come out soon that everyone on this board is going to kill eachother. Then again, when the album comes out we'll all have something new to kill eachother over. hmmm... I don't remember this much negativity here before i left (which was some time after the Hawaii show.) so what has happened?!?!?! sometimes the posts i read are just plain vicious and rude. why is there so much bitterness.
where's the :heart: peeps?

I love u! xoxoxo

Brittany and Michael Jackson being multiple grammy winners sold lots of records I tink too.:up:

<>

"Brittany" is called Britney (Spears). And MJ is one of the few artists who actually deserved the grammies. He won his last Grammies in 1984 and has been ignored by the Grammies from that day on. This year the Grammies will be extra special with Lil'Wayne leading the nominations. :doh:

I think that if the album doesn't come out soon that everyone on this board is going to kill eachother. Then again, when the album comes out we'll all have something new to kill eachother over. hmmm... I don't remember this much negativity here before i left (which was some time after the Hawaii show.) so what has happened?!?!?! sometimes the posts i read are just plain vicious and rude. why is there so much bitterness.
where's the :heart: peeps?

I love u! xoxoxo

the love is here.
:angry:

<>

In my opinion they haven't made a crap album yet, I see the past 2 albums as decent even though U2 weren't at their best. :up:

I smell a masterpiece though. :drool:

They do care imo, why do you think they delayed the album? They wanted to make it better, they wanted to make it their best ever. If they didn't care they would have released the album already which could've had flaws. This is just my opinion.

Just my two cents. :)

this is more of a joke thread..and to make help some posters think outside the box of blind devotion.

:)

Back
Top Bottom