Anyone know this song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never heard that before. The guitar intro sounds very un Edge like, lol.

The guitar progression and drums sound like Desire.

Not entirely convinced this is actually U2. It sure is weird that a recording would surface nearly 20 years later..

Yeah I heard a bit of desire there too and Mysterious Ways!!

I'm not sure it's genuine either but I kind of liked it - can anyone confirm if it is genuine?

Cheers
Ant

That's not U2, someone just added Bono's voice to the beginning of their boring demo.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That's not U2, someone just added Bono's voice to the beginning of their boring demo.

You didn't listen to the point where bono sings then?

It is a soundcheck from 97/98 - it's been floating around for a while, but I can't remember where it is from

You didn't listen to the point where bono sings then?

It is a soundcheck from 97/98 - it's been floating around for a while, but I can't remember where it is from

I'm not convinced it's Bono. At first listen I thought it was, but then it's missing certain qualities. But on third listen I'm questioning myself...

His voice is missing the rasp, especially for that time period.

:shrug:

I'm not convinced it's Bono. At first listen I thought it was, but then it's missing certain qualities. But on third listen I'm questioning myself...

His voice is missing the rasp, especially for that time period.

:shrug:

I'm pretty sure it's real. I first heard this about 10 years ago on a bootleg of a Popmart soundcheck. There were other jams as well.

I'm pretty sure it's real. I first heard this about 10 years ago on a bootleg of a Popmart soundcheck. There were other jams as well.

If that's the case than I'm sure it's real. I'm glad nothing came of it though.

Keep in mind this is very much a jam session and not a fully formed "song." Bono definitely mixes in some Bono-ese in there. They're just feeling something out.

And clearly left it behind.

Back
Top Bottom