Anyone Else See "Mysterious Ways Dancing Girl" at the GMA concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine what Chizzer would have offered Boner himself to get in the elipse.

if Bono thought she was a little too obsessed then he probably wouldn't invite her to dance on stage multiple times, now would he? he probably knows she is not a threat, thus he is comfortable letting her up on stage.

:(

jealousy is easily recognizable..

<>

Hey, I know this girl!!!

It's Barbara!!!! She is a really cool girl. We hung out in Chicago at the "hotel". I was pretty excited when I saw her up there....Awesome!!!! And she looks great too!
Well, keep on rockin Barbara!!!! Are you coming to Chicago? We could hook up. My friend E. always knows the inside scoop from her friends she acts with etc. I met Larry last night in Chicago!!!
Good for you!!!!
peace,
s.

I don't care how big a fan she is, I think it still is quite creepy and obsessive, in my opinion of course :wink:

I think Bono may like have these young ladies there, at the Fordham show while they were at a commercial break Bono jumped down into the audiance. I was like wow lucky people. Little did I know until I got home and watched my dvr that it was that girl and her friends that he took time out to say hello to.

If he really thought they were creepy and stalkerish, I doubt he would have come and said hello to them. :|

One of the people you're talking about is one of the nicest people I've ever met. A total sweetheart. In fact, she was kind enough to surprise me with a setlist from the show I went to. :heart:

I don't think it's that creepy...obviously Bono isn't freaked out by her...she's just having a good time...

Besides, I don't even know what she looks like, can someone direct me to a clip of this girl...just out of curiosity...

as i have posted in another thread about this, her name is khelia, she is a diehard fan, not a plant! U2 doesn't "plant" girls to dance, and i'm getting quite tired of explaining that fact. normally i wouldn't waste my time but she is an aquaintence of mine. anyway the girls who dance get up there because bono likes them, or has a connection from the stage, and up they go!

i knew her when she started following them on elevation. she was there when i got onstage and i've been there when she has. we are all fans. "regulars" if you will, because we go to multiple shows per tour. doing such makes your chances for EVERYTHING a little better. some of the people that follow u2 have more means to do so than others...she is one of those lucky hard working people. she has gone to TONS of shows all over which she has spent her hard earned money on. and yes, on vertigo she posted here to defend herself from haters in the dancing girl threads. she DOES read all of these posts...so be nice!

i know all the girls she was with, and they had a bit of luck and got into the show, and why is it that we can't be happy for them? if you read other threads on this subject you can tell that quite a few "regulars" like khelia/ruffian/alidreamsoutloud, tattoo dan, romi, myself and others got into fordham that day. you can say we all had luck. or you can say we all MADE our luck. either way, it wasn't like they left a door open and let us all in! although i heard a rumour they did that AFTER the show started!! :shrug:

at my last count there were between 20-25 fans i knew of who got into that show. reading on here it looks like there were a few more than that. some paid students $40 to $100 for guest passes, some knew the faculty, one guy jumped the fence, and some were helped out by some contacts they had who could get them in. any which way we all got in, had a blast, and were lucky in one way or another to be there! :applaud: i went down late that morning because i knew how and when i was getting in, and waiting out in the early am for front rail like i had planned wasn't gonna do me any good on this particular occasion. otherwise i would have been up front as well. the girls with khelia did wait out, and so...like any NORMAL/non-lottery ga show...they got up front! :up: good for them! good for everyone who got in!! :grouphug: a great show to be at despite the cold, and a great performance to watch in the comfort of your warm house!

Shes very tight friends with Ruth (from u2log) ...Ive met her a few times...she hangs with the same damn crowd that hoards the front of the GA lines (we call them Line Nazis on the east coast) along with wannabe rock star Tattoo Dan,and so on...
Ive seen them get into the ellipse & heart of every east coast U2 show its disgusting.
I wonder if Bono is getting tired of seeing the same people in the front every show.
:down:

if bono is so sick of them then why have dan and khelia each been onstage like 5+ times? and on BOTH the elevation AND vertigo tours? :banghead:

yeah, clearly he HATES them!!! :rolleyes: :lmao: :confused:

It's Barbara!!!! She is a really cool girl. We hung out in Chicago at the "hotel". I was pretty excited when I saw her up there....Awesome!!!! And she looks great too!
Well, keep on rockin Barbara!!!! Are you coming to Chicago? We could hook up. My friend E. always knows the inside scoop from her friends she acts with etc. I met Larry last night in Chicago!!!
Good for you!!!!
peace,
s.

barbara is friends with khelia and was there. barbara is not the girl who is in the chicago dvd...that's khelia the african-american lady.

I just think she is probably an over obsessed fan who is kind of like a groupie of sorts....except with little one on one time with Bono. She might think that she should be up there because he danced with her or something...who knows. Isn't that strange though? If she showed up at the U2Way deal, well, that's really creepy.
Bono should be careful. This girl sounds a little too obsessed. Bono probably realizes that, though.

bono lights up like a firefly whenever he sees her, dan, and others. he realizes nothing of the sort, because he has been seeing their faces long enough and in enough places to know they mean no harm. to suggest otherwise when you don't really know kinda sucks. i can tell you that if any trouble ever happened while these people were around they wouldn't think twice (just like security) about jumping between bono and harms way. i think most of us on here feel the same way. there are definatly some scary stalker types i've encountered/worried about in my 12 years of following u2, but i PROMISE you...khelia/dan/ etc are not any of them.

ok, i apologize for my many posts, but i just found this thread and wanted to set the record straight. i do hope we can all get past this kind of stuff before the tour starts...or it's gonna make for a very mean spirited tour....again. thanks for listening! :hug:

I think the argument was for some people, that even though they waited in line at the concert (for some time) to be at the front of the line to increase their chances for the "Ellipse" or "Heart", it would seem her and co would always get in even if they turned up late. I'm not sure whether this is true or if she and her friend have been mistaken for another group of diehard fans doing this, but whatever way you look at it that really does suck. Why should certain people always be given priority over others who have tried fairly and patiently to get into the ellipse or heart. When it comes to that, it becomes more of a "who you must know" to increase your chance - which is totally unfair.

I'm sorry in advance if these are not the people we're talking about in the thread, but just while we're on the subject of getting close to the band, I thought it was relevant to expand on other people's points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom