Anyone Else See "Mysterious Ways Dancing Girl" at the GMA concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you know her? And? What's the story of the lovely person?

I don't want her Social Security number for _ sakes.. just wondering how the organization goes about peppering the audience with faces. That's no secret, it's marketing 2009 after all. Just wondering how the gig works.

How it works?

She goes to New York (or lives there).
She manages to find a way to get in (looking for an open entrance, talking to people at the gate, maybe knowing someone who is a student, buying an ID on eBay/Craigslist).
She's at the gig.

It's that simple. Apparently, she's willing to go that extra mile to be at the gig. This time she succeeded. Another time she maybe doesn't succeed.

:)

Well a friend of a friend of mine works in U2's management...My friend apparently told her to expect me at certain shows, so when I mentioned my friend's name and her name, I got to go inside the circle every time. It's not far-fetched that she "knows someone," but at least she's a fan and not some random plant.

Well a friend of a friend of mine works in U2's management...My friend apparently told her to expect me at certain shows, so when I mentioned my friend's name and her name, I got to go inside the circle every time. It's not far-fetched that she "knows someone," but at least she's a fan and not some random plant.

See, she's got a connection with management, good for her I wish we all did :up:

See, she's got a connection with management, good for her I wish we all did :up:

i think you're misinterpreting what Mono said-- i think that Mono said that he/she (Mono) had connection through a friend-of-a-friend, and therefore he/she (Mono) was able to get into the ellipse by saying the contact's name... as far as i can tell, Mono's comment had nothing to do with the "Mysterious Ways" girl. :shrug:

i think you're misinterpreting what Mono said-- i think that Mono said that he/she (Mono) had connection through a friend-of-a-friend, and therefore he/she (Mono) was able to get into the ellipse by saying the contact's name... as far as i can tell, Mono's comment had nothing to do with the "Mysterious Ways" girl. :shrug:

:hmm:..maybe but either way..connections :up:

She's a big fan for sure but I don't think she has that many 'special privileges' because I stood right beside her at the unveiling of the U2 Way sign on Tuesday and she stood in line for over 1.5 hrs, just like the rest of us. And frankly, our spot wasn't even that good - we were across the road, facing their backs.

She's a nice gal :up:

She also waited out side in Philly for Bono to come out after the Liberty Medal ceremony and was inside as well as myself. But she still had to wait curb side like everyone else.

From the Chicago Vertigo DVD, Mysterious Ways Dancing-With-Bono-Girl.

I always figured she was a "decorative" audience plant, as I was standing right next to her on the floor at the Chicago concert,

That's really wierd....because I was standing right next to her on the floor at the Chicago concert and the person on the other side of her definetly wasn't you either.

She's a lovely person.

I don't see what the big deal is but since this is barely the beginnings of the tour, people are going to be pissed off.
Wait till we get into the tour, and when the bitchings about Bono's choices of girls to dance with begin, jaysus.....

People have too much time on their hands...

:up:

cool! can i be your friend (so that would be friend of a friend of friend)?

I think, like many others, that she is just a devoted fan who always goes the extra mile to get into places where U2 is appearing. If you have the system down to a science(as a lot of people here seem to) than it is not difficult.

I would not discount the possibility of her having a connection somewhere, it happens alot in the industry, rest assured. I am sure Bono has some interest, going on who he has selected in the past, in having attractive girls dance with him!

Anyone ever encounter any kind of special maneuvering being done by U2 tour personell to get a particularly attractive young lady into the ellipse? I have always wondered, as Bono always picks relatively attractive girls to pull up.

Shes very tight friends with Ruth (from u2log) ...Ive met her a few times...she hangs with the same damn crowd that hoards the front of the GA lines (we call them Line Nazis on the east coast) along with wannabe rock star Tattoo Dan,and so on...
Ive seen them get into the ellipse & heart of every east coast U2 show its disgusting.
I wonder if Bono is getting tired of seeing the same people in the front every show.
:down:

Shes very tight friends with Ruth (from u2log) ...Ive met her a few times...she hangs with the same damn crowd that hoards the front of the GA lines (we call them Line Nazis on the east coast) along with wannabe rock star Tattoo Dan,and so on...
Ive seen them get into the ellipse & heart of every east coast U2 show its disgusting.
I wonder if Bono is getting tired of seeing the same people in the front every show.
:down:

I know one of the people you're talking about well.

She's a sweetheart, very nice person. :heart:

the dvd girl

Yes. I have seen the DVD girl, at least at the 4 or 5 shows I have been to. I heard she did something where her and all of her friends would get wrist bands through the tour company. They cut the que a few times when I saw them. I was with a bunch of my friends from Ohio. I did see some sort of scuffle at one of the shows because she showed up with about 3 of her friends and totally cut these people in front of us off. We were all very ticked but someone ahead of us said something to her. They did apparently do this at all of these shows... where they one of them would put their name on the line list and then they would take off. Maybe not all of them, but at least her. They would then show back up right before the line went in. My friends Joe and Steve, even saw her and another girl, slip on an eclipse arm band after they got in. Someone had said they "scored" these through the tour company. There were a lot of people that got very irritated by those same girls doing that.
When Larry said he was sick of the same faces night after night...well....there you go.
Also, they are supposed to do seating this time. That is probably a good thing. I never met that Dvd girl. I just think she is probably an over obsessed fan who is kind of like a groupie of sorts....except with little one on one time with Bono. She might think that she should be up there because he danced with her or something...who knows. Isn't that strange though? If she showed up at the U2Way deal, well, that's really creepy.
Bono should be careful. This girl sounds a little too obsessed. Bono probably realizes that, though.
anyhow, like I said...I don't know her personally, but my friends and I did see her do that arm band deal and show up at the last minute in the line...but like I said...I don't know the details.
But don't you think the band thinks it is a little strange? I mean, showing up to 5 or 6 shows is one thing...but traveling to New York for the gig out their....I would think it was strange anyhow...
oh well, just my thoughts.
good for her, i guess...if she can pull it off.

if Bono thought she was a little too obsessed then he probably wouldn't invite her to dance on stage multiple times, now would he? he probably knows she is not a threat, thus he is comfortable letting her up on stage.

btw i once gave a guy a roadie a handjob in the bathroom to get a wristband for the ellipse, it didn't work though :(

it's funny when people don't realize how creepy they are. maybe the band just realizes she has no life of her own and let her in on pity. keep ur firends close, but keep you're crazy stalkers who think they are your friends even closer...

I think Bono may like have these young ladies there, at the Fordham show while they were at a commercial break Bono jumped down into the audiance. I was like wow lucky people. Little did I know until I got home and watched my dvr that it was that girl and her friends that he took time out to say hello to.

btw i once gave a guy a roadie a handjob in the bathroom to get a wristband for the ellipse, it didn't work though :(

Didn't work as in, you gave him the hj and he still didn't get you into the elipse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom