Another Joshua tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
If the boys could/would make another JT type album...same style of music,atomsphere etc would you go for it ? Would it be a positive thing or a massive step backwards ?

Just thinking ...........

BsB

I'm not sure if they could now. What I have always wondered is how music production has changed since the 80s, where you could get this huge expansive sound, make a band sound so epic and atmospheric and now it has lost a lot of that. I'm not just referring to U2, but any kind of pop or rock music that was released in the 80s, it seemed to change in the 90s and lost that massive feel to it, I can't quite describe it, maybe more constrained and compressed.

A massive massive step backwards! I can't be doing with all that earnest preaching. Give me the sleazy electro-Weimar cabaret of AB any day! :sexywink:

I must stress that I am primarily a follower of their 90s work, so I am bound to be quite opinionated on these matters.

Backwards.

We don't need a part two of any album. Where is the creativity and new direction in that? They would just be recycling old stuff and ideas.

They are about the future now not the past, as Bono proclaimed during the Vertigo tour.
I do love that they haven't forgotten JT or AB though on NL because if you listen carefully you will here them both on songs like No Line and Magnificent... just a hint as if to say, take my hand let's get on with the future.

Back
Top Bottom