Announcement on Oprah.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono should be punished by the other band members for this. House arrest! And only leave the house under supervision by another member of the band, preferably Larry.

I hate Oprah, the song wasn't that bad. The video worship of Obama was disgusting. Oprah is the pits a true creeper. I'd like to take the bono sections of this song and replace the "beautiful" parts of sexy boots.

That was horrible and as much as I like Obama and the hope he represents I really don't know how an Irishman, a Brit and a Canadian can sing so passionately about a foreign country (despite what it may mean to them) :shrug:

That's the first thing I thought of too.

The song is utter pap too. I'm surprised there wasn't fireworks to accompany it.

Wow. After reading the last two pages, I'm totally not even going to bother watching.

Once again, Interference saves the day. :up:

It's like Oprah got so excited about the current political climate that she made a few phone calls, which she can do, and they whipped up song quickly to match her jolly mood. The only thing is, they got it all wrong and turned into a embarrassing display of over patriotism. I don't see why they couldn't have done a collaboration on a classic song that could be connected to something Obama likes. I dunno....she bugs me.

Song sucks bigtime, but I think bono sounds fantastic on it. probably worth the watch just for that imo.

I have to agree with the other comments. I guess it was ok if you like that sort of music.
But Bono, you can say no, sometimes. You could have begged off because of the single release. got other committments.. blah blah blah.
It was put together in a week, I could tell. :ohmy:

I'm glad the new single came out before I saw this, because I may have turned in my Bono badge if it didn't.

I want a divorce...:|

c'mon B-man, what the f***?
can't you just take sue's advice and just say "no" once and a while.

NLOTH must be sooooooooooo good that Bono is just trying to lame things up a bit so that our heads don't explode when we finally hear the album... yeah that's it! that's what he's doing.

Bono should be punished by the other band members for this. House arrest! And only leave the house under supervision by another member of the band, preferably Larry.

:lol: So true. That is one cheesy ass song. I literally deleted it from my tivo immediately after viewing it, its like I want my mind to pretend that it never viewed that crap. I must forget I saw the B-man participate in that cheese fest. Who the hell would download that song, I am sure they can't even give that one away for free. Seriously Bono, just say no.

Why are you guys blaming Oprah? She's been through a lot and witnessed a lot and the dream of a somewhat progressive black president was something she never dreamed would happen. These artists wanted to be part of it. If anything criticize them for the song, which I get the feeling was composed by that arrogant loser David Foster, whose responsible for all the cheesy hits like Celine Dion's stuff.

Yeah, it's tacky that Bono was part of it, but U2 already endorsed Obama by performing together for the inaugural.

Let them be happy the nightmare is over, and then let them get ready to check Obama if he tries to hard to appeal to the right. I'm a bit worried about this guy.

It's not fascism yet because he isn't President. If he comes into power and Oprah starts endorsing him no matter what he does a la Fox News with Bush, then I'll get upset.

I'm much more angry with those scum on CNN and the network news people who are brainwashing the American mind with superficial coverage of everything -- from the campaign and destroying good men like Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers to the false parallels between Obama and Lincoln and Kennedy (who was a total dick and responsible for so much murder).

She does more good than bad and is very charitable.

She also was part of endorsing the Iraq War but at least had the guts to apologize, unlike pundits like Fareed Zakaria.

I don't think this is any worse than any charity song like that one from 1985, right. Then again, I haven't actively listened to it, just had it in the background for 3 minutes or so.

On an artistic level, this isn't nearly as bad as U2 letting Mary J. Blige butcher "One."

Be brave, son. Look into your heart soul and make your decision.

I guess I'll listen more to Boots before I try to hear this....

Btw, now I miss a signature! That quote from MadForlt is hilarious! :lol:

Bono should have been breaking into Boots midway through that horrible tune. I can totally picture him suddenly screaming: LET ME IN THE SOUND!!!! That would have been cool.

Back
Top Bottom