Announcement from stage Dec 4th 7am est

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dub2501

The Fly
So they’ve posted that they will make an announcement to the world live from the stage in Japan. Any thoughts? Seems pretty big for new song or dvd. Retirement or something new? Reckon it’s 50/50.

It would be kind of tacky to tease your retirement.

Also, Tokyo isn’t even the last stop on this tour, so why make a retirement announcement before Mumbai? Or any announcement, for that matter?

I won't completely dismiss the possibility of it being retirement from touring, but I think that's unlikely. Why announce that in the middle of a show, deflating the crowd?

This would be a great time to retire at least from touring now that they've finally toured areas of the world for the first time!

Who knows, maybe this was on the bucket list to tours southeast Asia and then hang it up. Just speculating. We'll know soon enough.

Of course they could be announcing a new leg of the JT in North America. :D

Don't see how it can be anything related to new music. We'd know about that. This band doesn't make an album (or EP) in secret.

You don't announce a DVD / Blu Ray release during a concert.

Aside from retirement (either touring or all together), realistically what else could it be?

Don't see how it can be anything related to new music. We'd know about that. This band doesn't make an album (or EP) in secret.

You don't announce a DVD / Blu Ray release during a concert.

Aside from retirement (either touring or all together), realistically what else could it be?

Achtung Baby 30th anniversary tour in 2021?

This doesn't feel like a new anything announcement to me. If they where to announce a end to touring (or U2 in general) can you imagine being at the last few shows??? Wow.

A strange time and place to make an announcement as they will be wrapping up the Joshua Tree portion of the show by that time. :hmm:

How about a Conversations With Nick Cave-style tour.

Absolutely no way it's them retiring from touring. It's not even the end of this tour and if any band was going to have a pompous, self-aggrandizing farewell tour, it's this one.

If I had to bet on something, it'd be announcement of them working on new music. Sure, there's allegedly been demos and miscellaneous comments on the band working on new material, but I don't think there'd actually be anything ready to go or be comfortable making a release date.

If I had to bet on something, it'd be announcement of them working on new music. Sure, there's allegedly been demos and miscellaneous comments on the band working on new material, but I don't think there'd actually be anything ready to go or be comfortable making a release date.

I don't think a general "we're working on new material" statement would constitute "news" worthy of an announcement though.

I don't think a general "we're working on new material" statement would constitute "news" worthy of an announcement though.

Agreed, and it’s being broadcasted live to the rest of the world.
This could be a significant announcement, whether it’s good or bad remains to be seen.

Maybe the tour is being extended into South American and European festivals. They could do JT + a few songs (90 mins tops) on a regular festival stage.

Maybe they have worked out that nostalgia suits them.

It’s entirely possible with 10+ years talking about SOA that they would have it ready.

Now likely is a different story.

Given what they’ve said about SOA, I would also not be surprised if:

1) Ahimsa was on it, and
2) theory didn’t follow a traditional u2 album road and decided not to tour it.

Other theories: we know the EI DVD announcement is imminent, but I doubt this is the right forum.

The JT30 doco/tour DVD? Surely not this close to EI

Back
Top Bottom