Announcement from stage Dec 4th 7am est

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dang. When they showed new lyrics on the screen I got excited it was new music.

U2 radio Sirius XM? So yay more US only stuff... can't even listen to sirius xm at all in my country.

So they decided to announce a US/Canada exclusive service in the middle of a live show in Japan? There must have been a lot of confused Japanese fans wondering why the start of Elevation turned into an advertisement for something they will never get to use.

Welp, looks like no one had a Sirius radio station. I was hoping for the first few seconds that maybe the new album is called radio.

Ack, even if it was the encore I wanted to continue watching.

Sooooo U2 Radio on Sirius XM?
Why all the hoopla for that?

Welp, looks like no one had a Sirius radio station. I was hoping for the first few seconds that maybe the new album is called radio.

Yeah, that was the slight glimmer of hope I was holding out for.

Oh well, looks like they still don't know their fanbase, how social media works or even what the word "announce" means.

Stand down everyone.

Kinda sucks the feed cut out just as Vertigo was about to take off. To be honest the whole thing seems a little anticlimactic. Damn this band is good at getting one's hopes up and then leaving them underwhelmed and confused.

Espeically considering its only avaliable in US/Canada (Unless I'm mistaken?)

There's not even anything on the Sirius page.

I could have got excited about something like this back in 1995, but they must be aware of the various home assistants and Digital media services that nearly everyone has access to and can, on demand, play an endless, non-interrupted mix of U2 music?

They did a short term station about a year ago and it was terrific. So this is terrific news.

Just not news worthy of any sort of big hype or build up.

To be fair, they announced it on Facebook and a 1 am email. So perhaps the hype build up is, ya know, our fault... not there's

Why would they promote a North American only service internationally from the stage in Japan?

You would think they would have followed up that stream with a proper press release.

Glad I didn’t get too excited, though that first minute with the graphics was pretty intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom