Anastacia covers One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well there was approximately 0% chance that would be good.

Why did she turn it into an Evanescence song?

Leaving aside the arrangements (which are fucking horrible)...she doesn't have a clue what the song is about, does she? Her singing is just so vapid and sugary, like this is karaoke night with her girlfriends. Really pisses me off when an artist covers a classic coz it seems like a good idea, with minimal understanding of the lyrics. :huh:

mqdefault.jpg

Leaving aside the arrangements (which are fucking horrible)...she doesn't have a clue what the song is about, does she? Her singing is just so vapid and sugary, like this is karaoke night with her girlfriends. Really pisses me off when an artist covers a classic coz it seems like a good idea, with minimal understanding of the lyrics. :huh:

So true....she is singing that with no connection to the lyrics at all. I hate when people just butcher U2 songs...should've stuck with covering someone else's song..:doh:

LemonMelon said:
Why the fuck would a glee club cover One? Their song choices make no sense.

They're already enemies of art by covering anything, so I'm assuming a little twist of the knife (crime) doesn't bother them.

It honestly didn't bother me that much. Much less than MJB's cover, and even Damien Rice's from last year.

EDIT: I posted this before listening to the end. The end of this cover bothers me, and makes me sympathize much more heavily with the rest of this thread.

Once you take MJB out, it's not too bad. You don't have that kind of luxury on the Glee cover.

But that's exactly the problem. That Glee cover is horrific, but it's not actually endorsed by the bloody band itself. While the shittiest MJB cover is with them, showing that they actually like her raping the song of all it used to be? :doh:

yes, it´s quite ok when Anastacia doesn´t push too hard, when she uses her kermit voice it´s disgusting. Still by miles better than MJB rape.

Back
Top Bottom