Am I the only one who listens to U2 all day, every day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vertigomilitia

Babyface
dunno what it is about their music, but i can't stop listening to their music. it's ALWAYS playing on my computer, or even on the bus. i never get sick of it, ive heard each song probably a million times...

Well, I sometimes listen to some other bands, like The Hype and Feedback, along with Bono: The Complete Studio Recordings, but I'm right there with you.

I go in stages with them. I'll go for months without really listening to them (although of course they'll pop up on my iPod and whatnot), and then I'll get on a big kick and listen to them a lot.

Once the tour was postponed, I got on a massive kick that's still going.

But since I listen to music so much of the day, I do squeeze in other artists as well.

In my dental office my ipod plays U2 all day everyday on our office-wide stereo system. My staff is going crazy about it. What can they do, its a recession.......:hmm:

I could sit and listen to a huge variety of live versions of Sunday, Bloody Sunday for an entire day. The power that Bono puts into those live versions is awesome, especially when he screams "NO MORE! SING! NO MORE!"... makes me wanna do a cover of it someday when I get a band together.

I don't listen to music as much as I used to, but I still listen to U2 more than any other band. I don't get tired of U2 albums very fast, and they have so many that are so different from one another that if one era gets old, I'll just start listening to another era of their music.

I listen to U2 a lot I have gone through stages where I don't listen to them hardly at all but that hasn't happened for a long time.

So yes I am a person who listens to U2 every day,maybe not all day though lol
:)

dunno what it is about their music, but i can't stop listening to their music. it's ALWAYS playing on my computer, or even on the bus. i never get sick of it, ive heard each song probably a million times...

How long have you been a fan of the band? I see you've just now registered on the site, and am curious if maybe this constant U2 listening is the result of the fact that you've just recently (or semi-recently) discovered them and have the whole new love glow going on.

Also, I get that there's some exaggeration in your post. The idea of listening to U2, or doing anything for that matter, "all day, every day" is literally impossible. So there's exaggeration here. But, at the same time, the practice of listening to one band exclusively or maybe just one band very excessively, has got to be mentally unhealthy.

Of course, you can do whatever you want. Not trying to piss on your parade here, it's just these topics really intrigue me for some reason.

Man was not meant to be musically monogamous.

+100!!!!

I think it's normal situation when a man listens to any band/singer all the time. It doesn't matter if t's REAL LOVE or just point of becoming a fan.

No, I haven't listend to U2 in a while now, instead I'm trying to focus on other parts of my music collection. There is a lot of stuff I haven't listened to in ages and I didn't even know I own some of these albums! Right now I'm having a REM phase again. I think I'd miss out a lot if I only listened to one band, but U2 is certainly the band I always return to.

I could sit and listen to a huge variety of live versions of Sunday, Bloody Sunday for an entire day.

Whoa, you are hardcore.

I used to have all my U2 on one playlist in my iPod and would just play it on random, but found myself skipping so much because SBS would come on and then an hour later a live version would come on, or EBTTRT would come on and two hours later a remix. So now I can't have any repeats in a playlist.

A whole day of SBS? That's like eating the same sandwich all your life... :barf:

I usually go through a cycle listening to numerous artists and all, then I can fall onto a U2 track and after that I can't resist going through one or two of their albums. I do come back to them more often than others.

Whoa, you are hardcore.

I used to have all my U2 on one playlist in my iPod and would just play it on random, but found myself skipping so much because SBS would come on and then an hour later a live version would come on, or EBTTRT would come on and two hours later a remix. So now I can't have any repeats in a playlist.

A whole day of SBS? That's like eating the same sandwich all your life... :barf:

What if it's that tasty you don't really need to try something new? :wink:

it's rare for me to listen to the same artist all day, much less every day. that's just me though. while i'm definitely the type who has to listen to one album all the way through once i start, now that i've gotten into more bands, i usually want to listen to something by another artist once i'm done with an album.

What if it's that tasty you don't really need to try something new? :wink:

That better be one motherf**king tasty sandwich. :wink:

samuel_l_jackson.jpg

They cover about 40-50% of the music on my ipod, which is in permanent shuffle mode. Safe to say I hear their songs quite often.

Then again, I'm also the one who listened to WITS 1000 times consecutively and NLOTH2 1010 times, just for the sake of doing it. THough NLOTH2 was because the album wasn't out yet and that and Boots were all the new music we got. :shrug:

I also listen to U2 in stages. A little while ago I was suddenly really digging Zooropa and Pop and listening to them a lot, but lately I haven't listened to a lot of U2. But I do listen to AB pretty often, just because it's so awesome.

I sort of go in stages. Absolutely love them at one point and a few months later I can't listen to anything by the band. On car rides though, for some reason, no matter what stage I'm at, I almost always play U2. I'd say I'm pretty obsessive but I try to get into other artists too. I'd say U2 makes up the majority of music on my iPod. Radiohead is close behind them.

Back
Top Bottom