Am I missing something?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickFly

Refugee
I have a question. Why havent they played "So Cruel" or "Acrobat" live? I dont know if their are personal reasons behind this. The last stretch of the 360 TOUR would have been a perfect chance to bring these songs out. The bootleg of the Outside Broadcast rehearsals with So Cruel in full band was amazing. A close friend of mine who is partially responsible for my u2 addiction was floored when I told him they haven't really played "So Cruel" live. Any thoughts or reasons?

This is one of the big U2 questions that every fan asks from time to time. I can only assume that they just hadn't figure a way to play them live. Apparently the tempo of Acrobat is hard to reproduce or something and maybe Bono couldn't sing So Cruel as well as wanted to maybe??
The ideal place for them to have been performed was ZOO TV, but as they were playing up to 10 songs off Achtung Baby every night they didn't see it as vital to include these other two.
But you can be sure that you're not the only fan to ask this question as both So Cruel and Acrobat would be excellent additions to any U2 show.

So Cruel full band? Wait what, when was that played? :scratch: All I got is an acoustic Bono only version!

There's been a lot of bullshit explanations, mostly by Bono, for both songs not to be played, guess we'll never know the truth. If tribute bands can play them, why the heck wouldn't the band that MADE the songs be able to do it?

THE HlVE!

Shite, right, I shouldn't have commented before discussing the collective opinion of the hive. I'm sorry guys! :sad:

So what does the Hive think of this? I mean, Bono played So Cruel on the AB documentary, so that could mean he likes it, so we should auto hate it right? :panic:

Nick66 said:
Because they don't like those songs (gasp) as much as Interference does? Because they think most of the people who go to see their shows want to hear other songs?

Just a thought.

At least for So Cruel, I would guess that you're probably right, but I'm no mind-reader. It seems like something more may have gone on with Acrobat, at least back during ZooTV, but I'm not positive. It definitely could be just what you say.

In all honesty, though, it's never really bothered me that U2 don't play these songs live. There are so many songs from AB that they play so well already.

Funny how EYKIW kind of dies when I don't post for a while, then comes back to life when I drop by.

Sorry to disappoint folks, cant stay. Hey...enjoy the party though. I'll be in the kitchen if anyone needs me.

Oh, and a special :sexywink: to those who supposedly have me on "ignore". You know you you are. :love::)

You may now return to your "Bono's best sex noises" programming. :lol:

Look at all the songs The Beatles never played live. The Beatles REALLY hated a lot of their own songs.

Funny how EYKIW kind of dies when I don't post for a while, then comes back to life when I drop by.

You know you get a bad rap in here and you've very misunderstood, but I have to say I really like you Nick. I admire your humility and ability to rise above everything.

Fight the power :rockon:

Nick66 said:

Sorry to disappoint folks, cant stay. Hey...enjoy the party though. I'll be in the kitchen if anyone needs me.

Oh, and a special :sexywink: to those who supposedly have me on "ignore". You know you you are. :love::)

You may now return to your "Bono's best sex noises" programming. :lol:

What? You got three responses to your post, one of which was mostly in agreement. The responses to this thread have been fairly consistent with EYKIW's overall level of activity lately.

What? You got three responses to your post, one of which was mostly in agreement. The responses to this thread have been fairly consistent with EYKIW's overall level of activity lately.

Wasn't directed at you...more at the inevitable (and predictable) screams of "HIVE!" minutes (in this case, one minute) after I make a post.

ryancoke71 said:
EYKIW died because the rate the song threads are done.

Who ever thought we would miss those?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume U2 likes Acrobat more than TTTYAATW, yet the latter has been played live a number of times. It's always safe to assume that Nick is stirring the pot.

What's Hive?

Also I think the Bono's sex noises thread should not have been closed. He has made noises that could be considered sexual. One of the Mysterious Ways performances for one.

The Hive is a band made up of every person who posted in the Rate The Song Series threads not named Nick66. We play 13 songs each night. Pop in varying orders, and then Acrobat in the encore.

We enter the venue to Zooropa, and the fans nod approvingly.

They don't smile, of course, because their life is full of lies.

Back
Top Bottom