Almost Addict Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"To stay on top of temptation, Bono gets up at 6am - the time he used to get home from partying - to pray and contemplate his life."

What?

Quotes ring true, sound like stuff he would say, and has said similarly in the past.

People are naive if they don't think friends of Bono haven't had issues or still have issues with addiction (and I don't just mean Adam). I'd better not say more.

Quotes ring true, sound like stuff he would say, and has said similarly in the past.

People are naive if they don't think friends of Bono haven't had issues or still have issues with addiction (and I don't just mean Adam). I'd better not say more.

Of course... but to take this paticular quote and spin it into this article is just shitty journalism.

Several different quotes and facts taken completely out of context.

has there ever been any reference to bono using drugs at all?

Yes, but that doesn't make the article truthful.

You take a couple of quotes that are undeniably the sort of thing Bono says about just about anything, and you get a piece of trash journalism like that, with no decent sources.

If he is, he is, but I'm not getting that vibe from, er, MSN Indonesia.

just out of curiosity, what drugs has bono admitted to using in the past? or what is bono's history with drugs, if any?

I honestly can't be buggered going through a bunch of articles I read two years ago, but it's worth searching the forum for drug threads on this forum, not only because they will be relevant, but also because they inevitably turn into disasters and can make enthralling reading.

From memory, in a 1988 interview he admitted to experimenting, in an interview with trip-hop artist Tricky he tells a plausible anecdote of shrooming with Bono (I have no idea when this was), and also just look what the fuck he wore in 1994, what the hell is up with that shit.

Granted, with something like this it's probably best to just make casual assumptions and fuhgeddiboudit, because it's almost certainly a minor part of U2 historia (although a major part of some U2 fan's hysteria).

That MSN article is just trying to make something out of nothing. It's just another one of those cut-and-paste "news" items that come along once in a while.

just out of curiosity, what drugs has bono admitted to using in the past? or what is bono's history with drugs, if any?

of course though, i agree the article is out of context....completely

Bono hasn't blatantly admitted to anything (that I know of). He's been asked in interviews if he's ever smoked pot, and he says he's not going to answer that because "Bono admits to smoking pot," and "Bono denies ever smoking pot," are both headlines that would stir up a lot of controversy. I can see the point: a lot of people would be very disappointed in him in one case, and no one would believe him (because he's a rock star) in the other case.

...1994, what the hell is up with that shit.

326762812_39ea54eb95.jpg

Great Bono speech...or THE GREATEST?

Yeah this is definately a trashy spin and taken way out of context. But if these quotes were true its the "Wow, I'm just an inch away" quote that I noticed. If Bono did in fact say that I thought it was very interesting. He doesnt normally say things like that. :hmm:

The Free your mind award speech is embarrassing, makes me feel uncomfortable every time I see it. Bono is AT LEAST very drunk here.

Thank God he doesn't act like that in public anymore.

it's worth searching the forum for drug threads on this forum, not only because they will be relevant, but also because they inevitably turn into disasters and can make enthralling reading.

God I love train-wreck threads! :love: :lol:

There is nothing wrong with admitting to be an inch away from temptation and to do things to try and not give in. Aren't we all prone to that, whatever temptation might mean in our lives?

Bono's drug of choice, is alcohol. He has spoken quite frequently of being drunk. Alcohol addiction is just as dangerous as any drug addiction.

Back
Top Bottom