All U2.Com Related Discussion HERE Artificial Horizon, Duals etc. pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:grumpy:
Mail came. No CD. Maybe next week. Perhaps they shipped it on the slowest shipping option. Hopefully I will get it before New Year's!

The Boots remix is indeed very tasty, as is a lot of the stuff on here. The only tracks I didn't care for:

Staring At the Sun (Monster Truck Remix)

Happiness Is a Warm Gun (Danny Saber Mix) - honestly, I can't even bear to listen to any version of this cover; I think it might just be their worst cover ever

If God Will Send His Angels (Grand Jury Mix)

Everything else is good. I've heard a few of them before, but most of it is new to me. Yay!

Nice, good to hear that it likely won't disappoint... since everybody has been pining for this remix since that Toronto clip went up. Glad you like it.

I think the BAW's got theirs in the last thread a couple days ago. (or was it yesterday?) :hmm: and they are southern CA like me, I still didn't get mine though.

But I'm not panicking... yet. :uhoh:

Here are my thoughts on the new tracks:

Get On Your Boots [Fish Out of Water Mix]
I was hoping this would be my favourite remix from the Album, but the Adam K and Soha remix of Magnificent retains the top spot. My main gripes with the track are that is too short (less than 4 minutes) and doesn't really evolve into the massive sound I wanted it to be. Of course, the somewhat downtempo, dark sound means that I can overlook that somewhat. I prefer it to the Justice remix though, as it retains more of the vibe of the original track. Make it longer, and I would be happy.

City of Blinding Lights (Hot Chip 2006 remix)
This is a pretty good track I have to say. My favourite remixes of this track are the PDA in NYC remix, and Paradise Soul remix from the COBL vinyl. I wouldn't say this track was as good as those, but it does stick closer to the album track and have some funky organ sounds in the breakdown which I need to listen to more. It is a pretty subtle remix and I think many on here will like it for that.

I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live U2360 Remix)
I came from feeling this was a mediocre album track to thinking it defined the 360 tour. At all of the 8 shows I attended, this was my favourite thing - I looked forward to it with a fantastic joy in my heart. It is nice to get another version of this in soundboard quality with a really nice intro to boot. On the other hand, I don't think it is the strongest version I've heard either in person or bootlegs - but it is a nice representation of the European versions of this track. If I had to say, I would put London 2, Sheffield, Amsterdam 1 above it. As an aside, I really dislike the way all of these soundboards mix the crowd so low in the mix.

Staring At The Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Ambient Mix)
This (to my surprise) is based on one of the 1997 acoustic performances from Holland - which is actually my favourite performance of SATS (the one which mentions Schipol duty free). It is also a pretty subtle mix, adding some beats and synths but keeping the acoustic structure basically intact. If you like SATS acoustic I think this will be pretty difficult to dislike.

Artificial Horizon Thoughts

*Mods-I looked and didnt see a thread for reviews/thoughts on the new remix album, so if I missed it, feel free to purge this.

The CD arrived yesterday (Im in the US, NYC area) and here are my thoughts:

I/we have heard most of these already, so Ill just give my 2 cents on the ones I havent heard:

Get on your Boots (fish out of water)-Like it, very cool mix and a worthy addition to the "remix" collection

Ill Go Crazy U2360-Love it!!! I feel that they captured this song very well and I would hardly call this a remix when it is more of a live recording.

Beautiful Day (Dave Holmes)-WOW, didnt expect this direction. Very different and in turn, very cool. Another great addition to the "remix" collection.

City of Blinding Lights (2006 mix)-Cool, they made it more mellow and its a cool remix.

Staring at the Sun (Brothers in Rhythm)-Love it! I think it is really cool how they merged a remix with a live cut.

Needless to say, I was expecting to be disappointed by the mixes I haven't heard yet but I was very surprised at how good they were....very happy with this CD!!! I would have preferred a live CD because those are like gold to me but this was a nice "free be" that U2.com threw in.

I saw this posted on Zootopia by BonoTBeagle..now, that looks good.

blgkx.jpg

:drool: :up: gorgeous.

U2.com is now featuring the White As Snow lyrics at the lyric page. They usually show the current single (GOYB, Magnificent, Crazy..).

Oh, and I want my Artificial cd! Now!

U2.com is now featuring the White As Snow lyrics at the lyric page. They usually show the current single (GOYB, Magnificent, Crazy..).

Oh, and I want my Artificial cd! Now!

:hmm: That's quite interesting.

I wouldn't mind hearing that live, but ONLY if they don't ruin it by playing it accoustically. It's a beautiful song the way it is on NLOTH!

:waiting: No sign of it here either, though I don't really expect it soon since most Americans haven't gotten theirs yet, I reckon they'll receive it first and then EU people.

It'll probably take a while before it reaches Europe.

If it arrives here of course :wink:

Indeed. It will take ages to get here.
It's nowhere on the internet either. I can't take it anymore!

Got it like 2 days ago but completely forgot to listen to it until just now. The first half is awesome. I always get pumped when I hear the Elevation (Influx Mix), I can just picture them coming out with the stage lights on and everyone going insane. The second half though... not so much. I couldn't listen to any of those all the way through except COBL (Hot Chip).

Back
Top Bottom