All U2.Com Related Discussion HERE Artificial Horizon, Duals etc. pt 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WTF. I just got an email telling me my subscription is set to expire in 30 days. My subscription is good until November 2010. :|

I just got that, too. How irritating.

I'll just wait for the inevitable explanation from the U2.com forums saying we can ignore it.

I just got it too - mine is not supposed to be expiring until December. Somebody screwed up (again) at u2.com.

I got two seperate emails saying it will expire in 7 days and then it will expire in 30 days.

Lol, I got a 30 notice too, mine is set to expire in Jan 11.
U2.com
fail-24.jpg

Still not got mine,and now there's an announcement on U2.com that new subscribers will get their CD shipped the day they subscribe. :(

Still waiting for my hasta la vista CD as well.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to receive this ridiculous email! I too renewed early last year, so as to get a new presale code to buy tikcets to U2s Helsinki gigs and according to my account info, my membership won't expire until February 2011! :huh:

What the hell is u2.com playing at now? 'Oh, bored coz U2 aren't on the road/in the studio, let's freak out the paid up members of Zootopia by sending them bogus "your membership will expire within 30 days" emails and see how many write and complain'!?! :cabbagepatch:

Not funny!!!!!!! :madspit:

This is what my profile says:

Your subscription is set to expire on : 25 March 2011

Maybe it is an automatic email that gets sent out.

Ok well at least I am not alone WOW. I'm not so worried anymore then. Just another U2.com FAIL.

WTF. I just got an email telling me my subscription is set to expire in 30 days. My subscription is good until November 2010. :|
i got one too. i just renewed mine! :lol: though i logged on to check just in case they somehow pretended they never got the renewal (even though i got a confirmation email, lol) and they actually gave me bonus days. even as of today, i've still got over a year before mine expires. :D

From @U2:

Thanks to all who've emailed about this -- we got the same emails,
too. U2.com/Fanfire is sending out emails telling members that their
U2.com membership will expire in 30 days, even though everyone renewed
within the last few months. Via Aaron of U2wanderer.org posting on
Twitter, Fanfire is aware of the mistake. You can login to U2.com,
click ACCOUNT INFO at the top of the page, and on your profile you
should see a correct expiration date for your membership. It looks
like expiration dates have changed for some users, possibly due to the
fan club asking members not to renew too early late last year.

i got one too. i just renewed mine! :lol: though i logged on to check just in case they somehow pretended they never got the renewal (even though i got a confirmation email, lol) and they actually gave me bonus days. even as of today, i've still got over a year before mine expires. :D

Noooo they got you? I hope yours was at least almost set to expire!

I just got the email too and my account doesn't expire until October--I panicked a bit then came over here and saw that I wasn't the only one. Maybe someday they'll get their act together!

I also received the email today and came straight here to find out what is going on! I have to come to the blue crack to get the correct info :wink:

When I clicked on the link that was emailed to me I got to this page: You have reached this page because either you have a 2nd presale code already (2 presale codes is the limit) or you are a new subscriber in the Magnificent group and not eligible for a 2nd presale code. If you feel you have reached this in error please contact customer support.

which is not true either since I am a horizon member :doh:

Luckily my profile page has the correct expiration date and says I am horizon. I would FREAK OUT if they moved me to magnficent.

Got the email. It's really, really amazing how incompetent U2.com is. Doesn't Sebastian Clayton run that site, or something? Ol' Adam needs to give him a kick in the pants... actually, who am I kidding, slacker-dom probably runs in the family :wink:

Paul McGuinness, please pick up a white courtesy phone...

To summarize... I failed to renew before my subscription expired, so I am S O L. Back of the bus with all the newbies.

Bummer. :(

Happy Day today. :)

Rec'd the "expiring in 30, renew now" email from u2.com (despite the fact that I'm quite sure my membership had recently expired). Quickly renewed, and my Horizon status is intact, with membership expiration date of Mar26, 2011.

:D

I clicked through until I found this message:
"Not sure if you noticed but we've made a mistake. We were trying to remind a few of you that your subscription was coming to an end and it went to some folks it shouldn't have and now we've got you all confused!"
From here: U2.com

Does "no sh*t" sum it up nicely?

Yeah, I got another email with that message.

Back
Top Bottom