All U2.Com Discussion HERE "Artificial Horizon" Update pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I received another email similar to yours, not exactly the same because it didn't say I was sent another Slane Castle CD, but it did say I'd receive the new CD when I renewed again. I sent back another response, but as I was writing the response I received a 2nd email saying that I would receive the new CD and sorry for the inconvenience and was given an order # for the new shipment.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the 2nd email until I had already sent my response to the 1st one where I basically said if they weren't going to send me the new CD then I wanted a 2nd Slane & T-Shirt (I even gave my T-shirt size, :lol: )

Let's see if I actually get the new CD.

I'm not giving up that's for sure.

May I ask who sent the second response stating you would receive it? Was it that Happiness person that Baja said to write to? Thanks.

And I'm not giving up either. Damn if I'm going to be one of the last to wait year in and year out for the new gift. :down:

Lame so basically I have to wait until November, and then renew again to get the stupid CD? Not worth it. :fist:

May I ask who sent the second response stating you would receive it? Was it that Happiness person that Baja said to write to? Thanks.

And I'm not giving up either. Damn if I'm going to be one of the last to wait year in and year out for the new gift. :down:

Both emails were from Happiness.

The first one arrived at 12:50 PM on May 4th and said:

Thank you for your email. According to the order number you provided XXXXXXX, we do not show any item in this order. We show (U2CFRC08) U2.Com Subscription Renewal 2008/09. Please note, the New U2 CD is only sent out to the customers that were offered the CD while subscribing. The New CD will not be shipped to the Members, who renewed their Accounts before the new offer was announced. Do note, the new CD will still be offered at the time you will be ready to renew your Membership.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at orderhelp@u2.com.com or one of the following numbers: 1-800-615-1324 or +1-916-414-2921. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Please be sure to include a copy of this email with any reply.

Sincerely, Happiness

The 2nd one arrived at 1:26 PM on the 4th and said:

Thank you for your email. An order has been processed for U2.Com4 Membership CD 'U2: Medium, Rare and Remastered'; order number XXXXX.

The merchandise is being allocated and will be shipping out shortly.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at orderhelp@FanFire.com or one of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or +1-916-414-2921. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Please be sure to include a copy of this email with any reply.

Sincerely,
Happiness

In between these two emails, I wrote a reply to the first one demanding my 2nd Slane Castle CD & T-Shirt if they weren't going to send me the new CD.

I also forwarded them the email I got when I renewed during that glitch in January, 2009 that actually implied I would get the new renewal package.

Our 2009 Subscription offer is still being finalised. If your current subscription is set to expire before mid-January 2009 we're automatically extending it until the launch of the new offer. We'll be sending you the 2009 benefits once they are launched.

Last edited:
Does anyone want to help me out? I have a sealed Slane cd from last year that I could trade for one of your second copies of the new one? (I still haven't got the new one yet. I'm a screwed November renewer. I have doubles of Slane.)

I've promised my second copy to another Interferencer already, but if she happens to receive hers as well, we'll definitely pass it along.

I have two Slanes, one tshirt, no new CD. :grumpy:

I may have to do some emailing myself....

Since getting the CD on Wednesday, I've not gotten another two emails telling me that they've shipped the CD. I'm assuming it's the same CD, they just want to make sure they don't hear from me again. :wink:

I have to give a shout out to u2trinity.

:bow::bow::bow:

Your kindness can't be measured.

Should you ever require a crime to be committed with no link to you, I am in your debt.

(I guess my public revelation kinda kills that idea :huh:)

:wink:

Cool, I'll send an email and get a copy of the new CD. See what they say, I don't have anything to lose.

Response just received:

Dear Heather,

Thank you for your email. Please note, the Rare and Remastered CD will not
be shipping out to you, as you were offered a Slane Castle set upon your
Renewal.

Do note, the New offer will still be available to you upon your next
Renewal.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at orderhelp@U2.com or
one of the following numbers: 1-800-615-1324 or 1-916-414-2921. Our customer
service representatives available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Sincerely,
Zarina

U2.com Customer Service

Just as expected, they'll wait until they have at least $34 more in November. They certainly had no problem waiting to send me my first Slane CD, instead of sending the Inside ZooTV CD. Just can't get their act together. Blind loyalty is costing me dearly.

I was just looking on ebay - pretty much every seller that has this CD up is a ticket scalper. Some of them have "more then 10 available." Kind of annoying that these people who joined U2.com just to scalp tickets have the CDs but us long time members are told we're not entitled to the CD.

Sadly, these ebay sellers are probably more reliable then U2.com

I haven't read the whole thread (just found out about it), so I apologize if this isn't convenient, but I just wanted to reproduce a post I made on the @U2 forums about my experiences with U2.com:

"Let's imagine U2 releases a new album tomorrow. Ok? Now let's imagine it did not leak in the internet early (I know, hard to do, but as long as we're using our imaginations...). Now, you're pretty eager to listen to the new songs, so you set camp in front of the nearest music store in order to be the first to do it. A few days later, you feel dirty, tired and you missed work a few days (so maybe you're also unemployed), but you're the first in line when the doors open and the album is in store. You run towards the "U" aisle and you get the CD . You feel the plastic in your hand, you're unable to blink because you want to catch every glimpse of the album artwork while you run to the cashier. You give the cashier your hard-earned money and you wait for him to put the CD in a pretty plastic bag and give it back to you. But he says, "I'm sorry, I can't give you the CD right now. But hey, come back in a year and you'll get it!"

Well, that's exactly how I feel. And I'm not the only one.

When U2.com initiated its paid subscriber system (replacing the Propaganda Fan Club), I was one of the first people to join. I paid my thirty-two dollars and I got access to a whole lot of exclusive information in the subscribers section. Well, maybe not. But I got access to a no-so-near-to-complete collection of U2 videos, I got copied interviews from music magazines, I could see Adam Clayton having tea, and hey, I got a discount coupon in the purchase of a brand-new hundred-dollar U2 litograph! Now isn't that great?

I don't live in the usual U2 tour circuit, so I don't have much use for tour presales. When U2 came to Latin America, we weren't offered a fan presale. Instead, we had a wonderful couple days trying to login to the ticket company's near unaccessible website while we had two or three phones glued to our years trying to buy the tickets through their call center. (although I must concede I used my presale code in the Vertigo Tour for seats on two fantastic concerts in Toronto, Canada. Of course, I spent thousands of dollars in the trip, but who am I to complain?) This time around, I had no use for my "Horizon" presale code. But I'm hopeful for the rumoured Latin American tour in 2010.

So the main reason I actually subscribe to U2.com are the gift CDs. Like many people in the U2 fan community, I'm a voracious U2 collector. I keep my concert tickets, I spent a lot of my money on out-of-print releases and in obscure pieces like a paper ecocrap Greenpeace CD with a live version of "Until The End Of The World" that I don't remember ever listening to. I still have my inflatable PopMart lemon (probably the closest one could get to being a U2 pervert), and I make a point of buying every new U2 release on the horizon (sorry, I had to use that lame pun at some point). I kept subscribing to U2.com even though it's been two years I've been getting previously released DVD-ripped concerts with not-so-different artwork.

With that in mind, I'm sure you imagine how excited I was that this year's U2.com gift release was "Medium, Rare and Remastered", which featured tracks from the previously released "Complete U2" digital box set. Being in Latin America, I have no access to the iTunes music store, so this is my first chance of getting these tracks. "Native Son", "Xanax and Wine"... wow. I already have the Boy/October/War re-releases, so the second CD isn't so useful, but that isn't really a problem.

In November 2008, as usual, I got an e-mail from U2.com telling me that my membership would expire on December 3rd, and that if I renewed I would get a nice eight-dollar discount, so I renewed my subscription on November 18th. Not long after, I got another e-mail which said that, "if [my] annual subscription is set to run out before the end of 2008, don't worry we will be extending your benefits until the launch of the new site in early 2009. We'll be mailing you with more details". All right.

Still in November U2.com sent me a "subscription update" that said the following:
"As we're still finalising the details of our 2009 subscription offer, we're going to be sending you the current package (the double album 'U2 Go Home' and your choice of T-Shirt ). But as you've now resubscribed for another 12 months, you'll also automatically qualify for the special benefits of the new offer.".

Great!

I never asked for the second Slane CD. After all, I had it already. But who I am to complain?

In December 2008 U2.com renewals were disabled. In January 2009 I read on a forum (not the U2.com "Zootopia" forum) that if I was one of those "early renewers" I should inform U2.com of that through a post in their (old, now disabled) forums, according to "Bajagirl", their moderator. I didn't quite understand why I should do it, but I did it anyway.

When I started reading on the fan forums that the CDs started arriving at people's homes, I was patient. After all, I'm on another continent. But then I learned that a very dear friend, who lives in the same city as I do, got it already, I was puzzled. So I contacted U2.com through their handy "contact form". I promptly got an automatic response, telling me that I would get a reply within 1-2 business days. So I waited for four business days. And I started getting worried that I wouldn't get a reply. So I contacted my friend again and obtained a FanFire e-mail address, which I used to send my inquiry again.

One day later I got this response:

"Dear Cristiano,

Thank you for your email. Please note, the Rare and Remastered CD will not
be shipping out to you, as you were offered a Slane Castle set upon your
Renewal.

Do note, the New offer will still be available to you upon your next
Renewal.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at orderhelp@U2.com or
one of the following numbers: 1-800-615-1324 or 1-916-414-2921. Our customer
service representatives available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Sincerely,
Zarina

U2.com Customer Service"

WHAT???

How can U2.com (or FanFire, or whatever) completely ignore what they stated earlier (that I would get the new gift regardless of my renewal date)? Have they no respect for their fans? Am I being punished for being a loyal fan and being one of the first to join the fanclub?

"Zarina" says the new CD will still be available when I renew my subscription next year. So from now on I'll be getting my gift CDs with a slight one-year delay.

Again, I never asked for two copies of the Slane CD. I obviously had no use for a second copy. I already had the way-too-small Slane t-shirt, too. So I gave them to a work colleague when I got them. I suppose I should ask him to give them back.

Right now there's a 24-page long ongoing discussion on the U2.com forums, and it's full of similar stories from fans all over the world. And the U2.com staff is nowhere to be seen.

Well, I can't take it anymore.

What about you?

(I'm sure there are lots of grammar mistakes in this post, but bear with me. I'm not a native english speaker and I'm pissed off.)"

I didn't see any mistakes in your post and you are rightfully pissed off. This entire situation is wrong and very sad :(

Like so many people, I've been dudded too. Rejoined in November at the REQUEST of U2.com on the PROMISE of the new benefits once announced. Now they tell me to get stuffed....no Medium Rare CD until I pay ANOTHER $50.

I would gladly have waited until March before renewing if I had've know I'd miss out completely. In fact I would've PREFERED to have deferred renewing for 4 months - but was TOLD to by U2.com

Anyone know how to start a class action suit? Surely that would scare U2.com into doing the RIGHT THING and honouring their promise!

Just today I realized there was a tiny slip of paper that came with my 2nd Rare & Remastered CD. On it was a note apologizing for promising me a Slane CD, but since they were no longer making them, here is a Rare & Remastered CD instead. Of course they had already sent me the Slane CD last year, and the R & R this year. :huh: They are very confused. I feel really bad for everyone not getting them and at least I am passing that one on to a long time fanclub member in that boat. It just shouldn't be so difficult for them to get right. :(

Like so many people, I've been dudded too. Rejoined in November at the REQUEST of U2.com on the PROMISE of the new benefits once announced. Now they tell me to get stuffed....no Medium Rare CD until I pay ANOTHER $50.

THAT TOTALLY SUCKS :angry:!!!

on a side note I was there a few times this past week and finally sort of figured it out :huh: sadly It's kind of a lame site now. I was a regular at
U2.com like 2000-2001 and after all those drastic changes I have been dissapointed with it.
THANK goodness for Interference, Elvis the Mods for making and keeping this site AWESOME! :cool::up:

I'm also a Victim of renew to early gate! What a mess! What a f...ing mistake!

Fanfire get yourself sorted out, we pay on regular basis, we are loyal fans and you treat us like C-grade customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom