All U2.Com Discussion HERE "Artificial Horizon" Update pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my answer from U2.com

Dear Val,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately when you signed up in November of
2008, the 2009 renewal gift was not yet being offered. If you choose to
renew in November of 2009, you will receive the 2009 renewal gift at that
time.

If you have any questions, please contact us at orderhelp@U2.com or one of
the following numbers: 1-800-615-1324 or 1-916-350-2016. (Please be sure to
include a copy of this email in any reply.)

Sincerely,
Tammy
U2.com Customer Service

You bet I replied. Stay tuned.

I received a similar response. I emailed them back telling them that my account was set to expire before we were told not to renew and that it was made clear by the forum moderators that I would still get the CD. I even sent them a link to one of baja girl's announcement posts in which she tells the november '08 renewers that they would get the new gift.

They responded:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the information you received was
wrong. Baja girl is not involved in customer service and does not know our
processes. An email was sent out to everyone from Nov/Dec saying NOT to
renew there fan club account and they would extend there membership until
the new offer was available. A request has be submitter to management;
however there is no guarantee that it will be approved."

Even though I just told them my account would have expired before those emails went out. Also because of their spelling errors I don't know if a request "has been" submitted to management or "has to be".

This is way too much frustration over a CD.

I received a similar response. I emailed them back telling them that my account was set to expire before we were told not to renew and that it was made clear by the forum moderators that I would still get the CD. I even sent them a link to one of baja girl's announcement posts in which she tells the november '08 renewers that they would get the new gift.

They responded:

Even though I just told them my account would have expired before those emails went out. Also because of their spelling errors I don't know if a request "has been" submitted to management or "has to be".

Baja would like you to fwd this email that you got from them, to her.

They responded:

Wow. Is that even written by a native English speaking person? :crack:

What a bunch of asses at FF! :angry:

:lol: I received a response from Happiness also:

Thank you for your email. Please note, you purchased a GIFT SUBSCRIPTION For
a Friend, which means NOTHING will be shipping out until you or the person
you give this subscription to redeems the Membership first.

I asked about an order that was for my renewal which I can actually see under my order status on u2.com :huh:

I just thank my lucky stars that they sent out presale codes to us. We would have been without concert tixs right now. I think we have Baja to thank for that.

Ps Thanks, Sicy! I'll write again.

Thank god I have had my presale codes.

But... Damn, what a f....... shit fanclub U2 have!!!!!

Very bad communication: No email responses, no clearity to fans. Renew or not renew?
Very bad shop: No secure sites to pay My credit card number is sold (probably hacked through this site)
Old news: Exlusives are no exclusives.
Bad logins.
Wait and wait for the fanclubgifts. Or even get old gifts twice and no new one. Even when they say you get a new gift. WELL I'm still waiting. How difficult is it to send a cd (or thousand) in a week? My ebay items I receive within a week from the States to Netherlands.
Their people at U2.com are not doing what they're paid for. Shame on them.

I will not renew in 2009 if things don't get better very soon.

Oh yes one positive thing more: nice little movies from the band.

The best band in the world with the worst fanclub. Wow....:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

JHa I got my CD a couple of days! Pretty good even thought i had already heard most of those songs! The one surprising song which i never heard and love a lot is Angles to tied to the ground" and the remix of fast cars! Good stuff indeed!

My first response:

Dear U2 Fan,

Thank you for contacting us. One of our friendly customer service representatives will reply to your email within 1-2 business days.

Cheers,
U2.Com Customer Service

That was a happy letter. Waiting for the next......

I subscribed the day of the Breath/Horizon/Boots cutoffs (so I was in the third group) and got my gift last week. I haven't even had time to see what it is.

Me, too. One of my daughters was showing me last night how the inside art (black and white repeating pattern) makes her dizzy. My CD is gone now. She doesn't even listen to U2. :|

I renewed on 11/7/08 when I got my first renewal notice and received my second copy of the Slane CD. I guess I won't get my new subscription gift unless I renew again. Guess I can't complain, I received an XXL t-shirt of the same one I got the year before (a size small that time). When we were Propaganda members it didn't matter when you subscribed, a membership was a membership and you always received the new stuff.

I reviewed my saved mailings from Fanfire, but there was no promise to send the new CD once it was decided. I think I was relying on Baja's info. This is just too bad for the loyal fan. I still have my key chain although the hole for the keyring broke long ago. Thanks for a forum to express my disappointment. I'd knew I'd find a place to see if I'd get a new CD. Thanks Sicy!!

OK well I got another response:

Dear Maria,

Thank you for your email. Please note, at the time of your Renewal, you
were offered a U2TF2243 U2com Slane Castle Go Home CD, which was already
shipped to you.

The New "Medium, Rare and Remastered" CD will be available to you upon your
Renewal.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at orderhelp@U2.com or
one of the following numbers: 1-800-615-1324 or 1-916-414-2921. Our customer
service representatives available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Sincerely,
Zarina

U2.com Customer Service

So here we go again, it's feeling like a loosing battle. So not fair to us. It looks like we will always be behind in "gifts."

Interesting. I received another email similar to yours, not exactly the same because it didn't say I was sent another Slane Castle CD, but it did say I'd receive the new CD when I renewed again. I sent back another response, but as I was writing the response I received a 2nd email saying that I would receive the new CD and sorry for the inconvenience and was given an order # for the new shipment.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the 2nd email until I had already sent my response to the 1st one where I basically said if they weren't going to send me the new CD then I wanted a 2nd Slane & T-Shirt (I even gave my T-shirt size, :lol: )

Let's see if I actually get the new CD.

I'm not giving up that's for sure.

Yeah, I did receive the 2nd Slane CD already even after writing and asking them to hold off sending it. This was before we were told to wait to renew. I renewed and asked them to not send Slane and they said not to worry I would still get the new package.

Luckily my friend got the new CD and I loaded it into itunes. I still want my own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom