All Time Greatest Quotes of All Time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vivalapopedge

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
disclaimer: not sure if this is in the right section of the forum, feel free to move, mods :reject:

ok, so i have a presentation in my irish literature class next week on....bono!! now, my lil presentation is going against the likes of oscar wilde, james joyce, michael collins, st. patrick, brian boru.....basically against every irish hero there was. some in my class have openly mocked the idea that bono is an "irish hero" and although i know deep down they're incorrect, i feel i must prove this fact to them. :heart:

soooooo, i am asking for deep, philosophical, ranting, raving, inspiring, hopeful, hopeless, fantastic, cacphonous, wondrous, humorous, humbling, bright shiny quotes from the man himself or about him. lyrics, articles, soundbites ANYTHING at all. anything and everything :love: thanks in advance! :heart:

Just show Lemon from Sydney, One from Modena or PopMart Mexico City, and Please from PopMart Rotterdam/Mexico City or Elevation Miami.

People who mocked the idea aren't going to have their minds changed by your presentation, so don't worry about that while doing this.

Also, what defines a "hero?"

I would check out his speech on YouTube from the NAACP awards from a few years back when he was honored..

Does anyone have a quote by Bono (probably 10 years old, at least) about human responsibility of "giving back everything we can to God"?

The quote was a broader statement about life, but the lyric from Magnificent is founded in the same thought.

wow thanks these are some great resources!! :D

i was thinking earlier, what lyric sums up U2 the best, or represents them the best? :hmm: this could be an interesting discussion

n780726994_2270078_1050768.jpg

thanks to anyone that posted here, this is how the poster turned out, with a great quote :wave:
i decided i'm going to show sunday bloody sunday from rattle and hum as well :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom