All Remastered - Limited Editions Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I received all three remaster sets yesterday, but I haven't even unpacked them yet because I just came home from a journey. However, I cannot wait to listen to them.

'Another Time, Another Place' and 'A Celebration' have pretty much shot up to being my favourite U2 songs since I've had these remasters playing on repeat... incredible :drool:

Anybody think The Unforgettable Fire could be a super deluxe boxed set? It's possible that the band views the first three albums as both weaker and not having enough video material (or material that isn't embarassing) to make a super deluxe set? Surely, Achtung Baby will be given the red carpet treatment in 2011 and Rattle&Hum has more bonus video material floating around (Lovetown Show/Documentary, Rattle & Hum outtakes) than any of the others.

What to do ? What to do ? :hmm: Order the Box set from Amazon or go to Best Buy tuesday and buy in store !!!:crazy: Is Ideal the only one with the two live tracks on War ? or will they all have the live tracks ?

so where is everyone buying ?

Anybody think The Unforgettable Fire could be a super deluxe boxed set? It's possible that the band views the first three albums as both weaker and not having enough video material (or material that isn't embarassing) to make a super deluxe set? Surely, Achtung Baby will be given the red carpet treatment in 2011 and Rattle&Hum has more bonus video material floating around (Lovetown Show/Documentary, Rattle & Hum outtakes) than any of the others.

No, UF and Rattle and Hum will get the Deluxe Box treatment, but Achtung Baby will get the 3 disc Super Deluxe set treatment...mark my words...:yes:

I mean I really like the Unforgettable Fire, but it's not a landmark album like JT or AB. It was a nice bridge between the 'old' U2 of Boy-War, but it didn't have the impact that JT or AB did...:shrug:

I just got a notification from Amazon that it won't be shipping until 7/30 now. Apparently, the box set's release got delayed. :(

hey all.. was lurking over at the zoo and someone posted this about Best Buy:

This Tuesday the U2 remaster cd deluxe editions will be on sale for IN STORE ONLY, get this.....$19.99!! Great bargain!

So for those of you in the states that haven't preordered them already, this is a great deal!

think i am gonna go pay a visit to BB this tuesday...:hyper:

I would hope if they were going to re-record or add new vocals to it, it would come out better than that. Seemed like the lyrics weren't finished or something, a lot of mumbling.

As far as I can tell, that is definitely "modern Bono" singing that. Perhaps he purposely sang jibberish to make it sound like a real "working track", but there is a depth to his voice that definitely was not there in '82. It's a cool track, though.

this note on the product page makes it seem like there's still a possibility it can ship before july 30:

Please Note: Updated Shipping Information:
Due to unforeseen manufacturing delays, the U2 deluxe edition box set has been delayed. We anticipate being able to begin shipping the U2 deluxe edition box as early as July 22nd. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

i'm hoping it might still come this week

The amazon boxed set may ship this week after all. Although the official release date is still July 29, here's an updated message on the product page:

Due to unforeseen manufacturing delays, the U2 deluxe edition box set has been delayed. We anticipate being able to begin shipping the U2 deluxe edition box as early as July 22nd. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Here's hoping!

For Canadians;

Found the Deluxe editions on Futureshop.ca for $24.99/each

Future Shop

And $38.99 on Bestbuy.ca!?!?

Best Buy Canada

Both had release dates of 7/22...dunno if that changed with the recent packaging problems reported by Amazon.

Amazon set would be $63.99 + $8.00 shipping + Your packages may be subject to the customs fees and import duties of the country to which you have your order shipped.

...Free shipping is for USA only... :(

Future shop would be $85 including tax total and would not have to wait for delivery...but no cool box :(

Edit; This post was supposed to Quote U2Fanatic4Ever:
hey all.. was lurking over at the zoo and someone posted this about Best Buy:

Quote:
This Tuesday the U2 remaster cd deluxe editions will be on sale for IN STORE ONLY, get this.....$19.99!! Great bargain!

So for those of you in the states that haven't preordered them already, this is a great deal!

think i am gonna go pay a visit to BB this tuesday...

Hmmm...did not see that special at Best Buy, that'd be sweet if it applies to Canada, almost as cheap as the Amazon price (63.99) but without all the nasty shipping, customs/duties taxes and the waiting for delivery...

So anyone know if this applies in Canada????

So far I've only looked at the art work of the three sets, which I like, especially Edge's commentary. I don't know if this had been brought up by someone else here, but my October edition has the wrong tracklisting in the booklet and the right one on the CD, which I find a little annoying, because in the tracklisting Angels is totally missing. :doh:

Waheyyyy off to work in 20 minutes but picking up Boy and October first!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: or just Boy...:drool: bit short on cash so might get them one at a time chronologically for the next week or two. I've even caved and decided to get War since the live B-sides popped up, and I've come up with an idea that I'll choose one of the many remixes of NYD or THBAO to champion round here for the rest of my days and say "Oh it's BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL, you're all deaf!" just so i get my money's worth! Yes.

I think my girlfriend thinks i might be getting a little too excited, but this is a pretty big deal for me!! :hyper: not listened to any online so the suspense is killing me!! I haven't been this excited for something coming out in AGES! For those of you who read my moan in Zoo Confessionals I'M CURED! :hyper:

got the tshirts set today - written on the front of october is "Deluxe album with War T-shirt"
thats actually printed on the box
Doh!

That is missing from my bonus album credits.:ohmy: There is no mention of angels anywhere in the booklet.

My Bonus Album credits only credits 11 tracks and they are in the wrong order -

1 NYD 7"
2 Treasure
3 Fire live
4 ITABTAW/ADWM live
5 NYD USA
6 Endless Deep
7 2 hearts club
8 2 hearts USA
9 2 hearts long
10 NYD ferry
11 NYD extended ferry

BTW - I had SBS on today and my girlfiriend commented that it was weird remix of the song ! She was unaware up till then that I had bought the remaster.:hmm:

Yes I`ve got the same booklet as you - no mention of Angels too tied to the ground. :angry:

I think one the lads should come round and write it in my booklet personally......:hyper: :D

Guess I know what I`ll be taking to the next concert i go to.....hoping :flirt::sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom