All Remastered - Limited Editions Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shock! Horror! :ohmy:
Pitchfork gave the UABRS remaster a very favourable review: Under a Blood Red Sky | Pitchfork

:shocked:

Yeah, it was a shockingly good review. I thought they were going to be reviewing the DVD, but it was just the album.

I did not really think it was the best review. They mainly talked about how awesome U2 were in the early 80's, but barely discussed the album itself. Oh well. Still nice to see. As much as Pitchfork hates on U2, they still usually give U2 a lot of credit, and even gave HTDAAB a lukewarm review.

For those who live in NYC, Virgin Megastore in Union Square has the UABRS CD/DVD combo for sale at $27.99. I didn't see any single versions of just CDs or DVDs.

Is it out in Canada yet does anybody know or do we have to wait till next week?

ai, this is the right place for my comments:

This remaster is incredible amazing!!!
Watching the DVD gives me a great feeling of nostalgia to a time I never experienced being a U2 fan.
What an amazing concert!!! What a feeling, what a warm, rocking concert!!! Hell I wished I was there, those were the real days!

I was wondering, are there people on this forum who were there that night?

ai, this is the right place for my comments:

This remaster is incredible amazing!!!
Watching the DVD gives me a great feeling of nostalgia to a time I never experienced being a U2 fan.
What an amazing concert!!! What a feeling, what a warm, rocking concert!!! Hell I wished I was there, those were the real days!

I was wondering, are there people on this forum who were there that night?

I have hear a few "tribute Edge's" tell me that they often get people come up to them at thier tribute shows who CLAIM to have been at Red Rocks.

From some of the stories I've heard, seems that 80,000 people fit in 5,000+ seat venue - if you listen to all the stories. Funny. :lol:

Me? Nope. I was not there. The new Red Rocks DVD is the next best thing to being there.

That said...

My only complaint, and most fans seem to agree, is the edit in "The Electric Co." I wish they'd put the "Send In The Clowns" bit.

DVD-wise, would have been cool to have "I Fall Down".

But that aside, great to have a remaster of the EP and almost the whole show, on DVD.

From some of the stories I've heard, seems that 80,000 people fit in 5,000+ seat venue - if you listen to all the stories. Funny. :lol:

My only complaint, and most fans seem to agree, is the edit in "The Electric Co." I wish they'd put the "Send In The Clowns" bit.

I agree on both.

yes, only 4400 people were there. Imagine you had tickets and chose not to go but to go to the extra concert the day after.... :)

Today in the Free Record Shop in NL I checked the contents of the package. Even if the price label said 2CD + DVD, there were only 1 CD and 1 DVD. Same packaging as the other double CD remasters so it will fit the Amazon box. The CD only version however looks like a regular CD, and the DVD only looks like a regular DVD. Cute booklets though!

Price at FRS 34,50 Euro, Media Markt Den Haag 29,95.

For those who live in NYC, Virgin Megastore in Union Square has the UABRS CD/DVD combo for sale at $27.99. I didn't see any single versions of just CDs or DVDs.

Circuit City next door to there had the single CD version (but no sign of a single DVD or the combo) - was $11.99 yesterday. Of course I got the combo at Virgin, but I had a $5 VIP voucher so it only cost me $22.99. Gonna watch the DVD tonight! :D

What is the difference between just buying Under A Blood Red Sky album and DVD separately compaired to the Deluxe package?

Does the deluxe come with a booklet that the normal version doesnt?

It seems to be cheaper to buy them separately so if there is no difference I will do that but if it comes with a special booklet I will have to get that.

One thing the deluxe version does NOT have is song lyrics, which seems strange since I believe someone has said that the regular UABRS does include them.

Sorry to bump this thread big time but does anyone know where I can buy just the digital booklets for Boy, October and War online (y'know, Edge's notes etc)? My friend's apartment was broken into last week and the burglar was kind enough to take the U2 remasters I borrowed to said friend. Fortunately said burglar was also stupid enough to not realise the actual discs were in the CD tray he left behind...

jeez that sucks! Hope you can find scans or transcripts, I'm sure someone here'd be willing to scan the booklets if they get a chance (i would if I had a working scanner)

AS for the other remasters. Who here is PUMPED for the unforgettable fire and rattle and hum :wink:

As for the other remasters. Who here is PUMPED for the unforgettable fire and rattle and hum :wink:

These are the albums I've been waiting anxiously for. I hope they do a good job on them.

"Rattle and Hum" should be released with the DVD of the concert just like "Under a Blood Red Sky".

That would be awesome.

I'd prefer an audio disc, unless they released a 3-disc version of Rattle And Hum which I personally wouldn't see happening (but what do I know I don't know the band so obviously don't know WHAT they're gonna do) the Sun Studio outtakes, live tracks left off the film. But you're right more live footage/a concert would be pretty sweet. Particularly a LoveTown show.

unforgettable fire should be interesting, not too fussed about a DVD or anything, just want some of U2's best B-sides remastered on a CD. Also wondering if there's anything of note leftover that never saw the light of day. I have an mp3 of some instrumental 'experimental' jam from the sessions but that's all I know of. And I'm assuming the Wide Awake In America tracks will be included.

Also - Box for the next bunch of remasters? My 1980-1983 box is looking pretty handsome on my shelf and can't help thinking what the next'd look like IF they make it.

OK, so there has been no further discussion on the U2 re-releases.:drool:

Does anyone have any info on when the next batch of reissues will be released, like The Unforgettable Fire, Rattle and Hum and Achtung Baby?

SOMEBODY MUST KNOW!!!!!!! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

are they releasing reissues of ATYCLB,HTDAAB, and NLOTH? as well? cause NLOTH is days old and needs to be remastered . hopefully they still have the master mp3's.

does anyone have any pics of the "Under a Blood Red Sky" DVD and pics of the DVD/CD combo? I am trying to decide which one to buy...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom