All I Want Is You is probably one of the most outstanding videos ever created

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
i'm not going to start a "who dies?" debate. But from a filmmakers point of view, AIWIY is one of the most beautiful and original short stories I have ever seen. The black and white is captured perfectly, the setting is so unknown, like a circus in the middle of nowhere, and adds a perfect mystique to the story, and the band takes a cameo role, letting the song narrate the story. I love the scene at the dinner table, no dialouge between the dwarf and the trapeze woman, but the stares just tell the whole story. Unbelievably gorgeous.

AIWIY is not probably but definitely the most outstanding video ever created.

Last edited:
Am I nuts for still loving the Bono-in-a-bar version of the "One" video?

And AIWIY is definitely the best U2 video from the 80s (though that's not saying much).

i have to say this video(all i want is you) makes me cry every time. especially the part when the Little guy is all happy and gets the ring, jumps on the bike but then later see's the girl with another man. SAD .. epic song and epic video.

The video of Stay kinda made me feel like crying, it was so memorable and dark. :up:

I'm all for the dead [insert whoever you think dies here].

But my all time favorite U2 video moment is still:

"we hurt eachother then we do it again, you say..."

Nothing. Bono just looks at the camera while the "you" in question wails "love is a temple!"

Classic.

I'm all for the dead [insert whoever you think dies here].

But my all time favorite U2 video moment is still:

"we hurt eachother then we do it again, you say..."

Nothing. Bono just looks at the camera while the "you" in question wails "love is a temple!"

Classic.

That's my favourite bit too.

I don't know if the fact that AIWIY is still being debated makes it a great video. I think it means that the director stuffed up somewhere and covered it up by saying its arty. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom