Adam Clayton is a DAD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
powerhour24 said:
That confirmation article doesn't even get Bono's age right...

Typical! Its such an easy thing to get right, only takes a second!

oh ok lol sorry i didn't pick up any hint of a joke lol
yeah i don't see why it matters how old the other U2 lads' kids are, i mean sure i guess it would be nice if your kid's age is the same as your friends' so then they can have play dates and such...Adam must have other friends too! I think Mike Dirnt, bass player from Green Day had a couple kids throughout 2009, 2010. Adam's and Mike's kids can play whilst the two filfs hang out :sexywink: haha
I don't want anything U2-related hanging out with anything Green Day-related. That one song was worse enough.
:wink:

From the article on the previous page:

"A spokeswoman for the band confirmed yesterday that the bassist was the father of a baby boy."

As columnists scrambled to get more details on the mother (she is French, aristocratic, independently wealthy and a brunette) the U2 press-office issued a one-line confirmation that, yes, Adam has finally become a father.

How Adam became the quiet member of U2. . . - Lifestyle, Frontpage - Independent.ie

When I read the above, I just thought of Martina Hyde's Guardian article from four years' ago:

They live like aristocrats. Now they think like them.

Marina Hyde: They live like aristocrats. Now they think like them | Comment is free | The Guardian

Does anybody feel that Adam has lost his essence as a bachelor for the rest of his life?

Apart from having several short relationships in the past decades, I never imagined he would this far.

Does anybody feel that Adam has lost his essence as a bachelor for the rest of his life?

Apart from having several short relationships in the past decades, I never imagined he would this far.

Well I've been married a couple years, and I can say I've definitely lost the essence of the bachelor I used to be. My single or younger friends don't really understand why I no longer want to drink until I puke, and consider me lame. The truth is, I'm much happier and complete now these days than I ever was in the bachelor days. I look back at pictures that reflect my "essence" and I think "what a douchebag I was." I'm sure this is a growing experience for Adam, and frankly it sounds like one he needed.

I'm sure this is a growing experience for Adam, and frankly it sounds like one he needed.

I dunno, it sounds like he's been pretty stable and grounded for a good 10-12 years now, since he cleaned up his act mid-90s.

I still wanna know the kid's name though. :wink:

The mother's name was never disclosed, but it was rumored that she was a French model probably in her thirties.

Interesting how neither U2.com or Adam made any comments or confirmations about this. Gives you some doubt in whether the news reports were actually true or not.

Interesting how neither U2.com nor Adam made any comments or confirmation about this. Gives you some doubt in whether the news reports were actually true or not.

U2.com did confirm it, I thought.

And Bono has mentioned in concert (at least one show) that Adam was a new father.

Back
Top Bottom