Adam Clayton is a DAD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps Bono didn't know.

The delayed news and vague info about the kid and mom lead me believe the conception was not as "christian" as the other U2 offspring. Not that anyone should give a damn either way.

heh, that's quite the leap.

heh, that's quite the leap.

How many other "celebs" can you name who have had their parenthood announced while also keeping the identity of the partner completely anonymous?

Jodie Foster's 2 kids and soccer player Renaldo paying an unknown female to give him a child(plus full custody) last year.

Not counting kids that celebs have on the side and ignore publically.

The delayed news and vague info about the kid and mom lead me believe the conception was not as "christian" as the other U2 offspring. Not that anyone should give a damn either way.

that actually could be possible, perhaps Adam didn't even know until after the birth?
the article calls the mother a 'French woman', not even his girlfriend or partner (which is actually kinda rude if indeed she is his gf)

reasons why Adam being a father could be false:
- Bono wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut :D and if he knew i'm sure he would have dedicated a song to Adam's newborn at a concert
- if i recall correctly there are pics of him with a date in Sep 2009. she most definitely is not showing at all. although she could have been very early on in the pregancy...

reasons why the article could be correct:
- its a source close to home. if this were some american tabloid i would dismiss it straight away
- they've been right before about Adam's engagement to Susie. is it true that they broke the news first?

As i've said on another thread, if it's correct, Congratulations to Adam. Like Edge has said, it's always a good sign when babies are being born!

- its a source close to home. if this were some american tabloid i would dismiss it straight away

Curiously, I don't think US tabloid media give a toss about any of the band members not named Bono. Even with Bono the grilling is not that extensive. US media did give the Sian stuff passing reference when Vertigo dates dates got shuffled.

The Adam baby would have been born around the time that he filed those 2 lawsuits. One against his bank and the other an employee that was skimming from his debit/credit cards. That struck me as uncharacteristic.

I too am surprised it was kept secret so long. Similar to the gender of Larry's youngest kid being unknown to fans for 3-4 years. The article was still very vague about the mother, which is....interesting.

Does this mean u2 were working on new material while Adam had a newborn in a foreign contry? It also means that the kid won't have any U2 siblings even close to it's own age(how old are Edge's daughters?)

Hope the little one brings joy into Adam's life. Maybe he'll even break out some nice spoons form his collection for feeding time?
I thought the spoon collection was a Simpsons´ invention :wink:
And I didn´t know about Larry, so maybe Adam´s is true.

I read this headline too quickly and thought that Adam Clayton is DEAD!

:ohmy:

Curiously, I don't think US tabloid media give a toss about any of the band members not named Bono. Even with Bono the grilling is not that extensive. US media did give the Sian stuff passing reference when Vertigo dates dates got shuffled.

The Adam baby would have been born around the time that he filed those 2 lawsuits. One against his bank and the other an employee that was skimming from his debit/credit cards. That struck me as uncharacteristic.

I dunno, I mean by and large yes, they don't really give a toss about the other band members apart from Bono but every now and then they do happen to feature articles on them. Perez Hilton was one of the first few to put up an article on Adam filing 2 lawsuits and I have seen Edge on TMZ LOL (funnily enough they asked him 'What's Bono up to?')

Just looked at the link posted, despite the fact that they got Bono's age wrong and got facts about Adam's love life from an obvious quick google search, a spokeswoman for the band has spoken!
I'm really happy for Adam :D He's gonna be the coolest dad for sure!

KhanadaRhodes said:
not to mention adam's son doesn't have any other kids close to his own age. or that the kid was born out of wedlock (as were some of edge's kids and larry's).

adam's a screw-up :(

That's a bit harsh. We don't know the circumstances surrounding the kid's birth and even if they aren't the best, any child can bring a lot of joy into a person's life :)

That's a bit harsh. We don't know the circumstances surrounding the kid's birth and even if they aren't the best, any child can bring a lot of joy into a person's life :)
i was kidding :wink:

assuming the story is true, i'm happy for adam and wish him nothing but happiness. i just don't get what everyone else in u2's kid's ages have to do with anything (does poor adam not have any other friends or something?), nor why it matters that he's married. neither is larry and edge had two of his kids with morleigh before they married. i won't even go near how much adam suing people for stealing his money couldn't possibly have less to do with him becoming a father.

Are you arguing the disingenuous bs argument again? Why do you do this?

i was kidding :wink:

assuming the story is true, i'm happy for adam and wish him nothing but happiness. i just don't get what everyone else in u2's kid's ages have to do with anything (does poor adam not have any other friends or something?), nor why it matters that he's married. neither is larry and edge had two of his kids with morleigh before they married. i won't even go near how much adam suing people for stealing his money couldn't possibly have less to do with him becoming a father.

oh ok lol sorry i didn't pick up any hint of a joke lol
yeah i don't see why it matters how old the other U2 lads' kids are, i mean sure i guess it would be nice if your kid's age is the same as your friends' so then they can have play dates and such...Adam must have other friends too! I think Mike Dirnt, bass player from Green Day had a couple kids throughout 2009, 2010. Adam's and Mike's kids can play whilst the two filfs hang out :sexywink: haha

having kids before marriage/without marriage is becoming increasingly common today. and as for adam suing people for stealing his money, i say good for him. if anything it just shows that he's taking his finances seriously, as any good father should :D

Also, surely this kid has either the coolest name of the U2 spawn, or the flat out weirdest? Its one or the other. It won't be dull.

Any bets on Clayton Clayton?

confirmation from the band:

Bono and wife Ali entertain boss of World Bank
Monday, 17 January 2011

SHARE PRINT EMAIL TEXT SIZE NORMALLARGEEXTRA LARGETEXT SIZE NORMALLARGEEXTRA LARGE
Ads by Google

Designer Checks ®
Over 70 Designer Checks Available.Low Introductory Prices. Buy Online
DesignerChecks.com/OrderOnline

Criminal Records Online?
Did You Know Anyone's CriminalRecords Can Be Viewed Online?
InstantCheckMate.com

Education Technology MS
Earn a Masters Degree from GeorgeWashington U in Education Tech.
Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Administration Online - The George Washington University

New-Hire Background Check
Easy, Fast, Comprehensive ChecksTrusted by 1000s of companies
Employment Screening - TalentWise

Bono has been pretty lucky in his investments lately -- so it's no surprise the U2 frontman spent Saturday night having dinner with a banker.

But it wasn't his own personal finances the 51-year old was discussing when he dined with Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the managing director of the World Bank.

The former Nigerian finance minister, in her trademark colourful robes, met Bono and his wife Ali to discuss his ONE campaign which is attempting to fight poverty in Africa.

Stopping off in Ireland on Saturday after a visit to Sri Lanka, the World Bank head was accompanied by five staff at the dinner with Bono and wife Ali Hewson in the Cliff Town House on St Stephen's Green.

Meanwhile, U2 bass-player Adam Clayton has become a dad. The publicity-shy 50-year-old has kept the news under wraps until now, even though the birth took place last year.

A spokeswoman for the band confirmed yesterday that the bassist was the father of a baby boy.

No other details were revealed but there is informed speculation that the child's mother is French.

In July 2009, the musician was photographed with a dark-haired woman leaving an after-show party in Residence private members' club during U2's three stadium shows at Croke Park.

The same woman was again spotted with Clayton in February of last year when they were seen together dining in Dublin's Town Bar & Grill.

Clayton is currently in the US ahead of the next dates of U2's world tour which restarts in Johannesburg, South Africa next month.

He was previously engaged to supermodel Naomi Campbell in 1994 who later described him as "a wonderful friend" in a magazine interview.

Clayton, who once enjoyed a reputation as the hellraiser and party man of U2, gave up alcohol in 1996.

Read more: Bono and wife Ali entertain boss of World Bank - Republic of Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Are you arguing the disingenuous bs argument again? Why do you do this?

This story has gone from tabloid to confirmation since this story was posted.

Would further knowledge on the mother/kid be more or less up to Adam or could his name simply be punched into French(?) birth registry? Media might go digging.

This story has gone from tabloid to confirmation since this story was posted.

Would further knowledge on the mother/kid be more or less up to Adam or could his name simply be punched into French(?) birth registry? Media might go digging.

so fucking what? let the man have some privacy!

french privacy laws are very strict thankfully, so the media can dig all they want!

(rachida dati for instance has managed to keep the identity of the father of her child a secret for the past few years as far as i know)

reasons why Adam being a father could be false:
- Bono wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut :D and if he knew i'm sure he would have dedicated a song to Adam's newborn at a concert
- if i recall correctly there are pics of him with a date in Sep 2009. she most definitely is not showing at all. although she could have been very early on in the pregancy...

- Bono is busy with plenty of other things and/or doesn't wan't to be babbling about Adam's child being born
- Adam has female friends that aren't his child's mother ? :shrug:

Definitely the most unexpected news re: U2 ever. :up:

Back
Top Bottom