Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part V/Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WGRYWH is pretty awesome, very much a jangle/power-pop kind of vibe...almost sounds like a totally different song to me, especially without the familiar chorus on the album version

wasn't expecting Edge's feedback-intense solo on Baby Mysterious Ways, either...kind of dig the gospel-style backing vocals, too.

I love Down All The Days as well, but I think they did the right thing releasing Numb. That was such a radically creative track to lead out as a first single...but I'm surprised DATD was never released as a B-side. Really...they could have changed the way the music was played and no one would associate it with Numb. Sometimes I'm amazed the quality of the stuff U2 are sitting on.

I'm interested in Oh Berlin. Was it ever mentioned before by the band? It's the most experimental and fascinating track of the new batch....

Downloading now,but will still purchase the deluxe version........i mean uber deluxe......i mean,oh christ i cant make my mind up. But they fly shades!:drool:

I think this message bears repeating: :)
Regarding the leaked files, they are available through http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f192/achtung-baby-leak-212666.html
Please stay there with links and requests and keep this thread for discussion.

In general, don't be an idiot and pollute this discussion thread. There are other parts of this forum dedicated to MP3s and other forms of music on the Internet.
Thank you.
:happy:

The chorus of Oh Berlin is nice, but I can't stand it when Bono talks instead of singing the verses. There are view exceptions where it's fitting but here it just sounds ... lame and uninspired. The lyrics are interesting, though.

Down all the days is great :drool:

I was so psyched for Down All the Days but Oh berlin is my favorite track. Also ovine Baby Zoo Station. I just ca't wait for my Uber set to arrive so i can listen surrounded by all that Achtung artwork.

Listening to my 'kindergarten' disc in glorious DTS NEO and Audyssey 7.1 as we speak. Lots of 'rear speaker' action going on...loving it.

Shame 'Acrobat' isn't the very raw 'Drag You Down' version from the AB outtakes. Love the 'Montgomery's Visit' guitar on TTTYAATW. That melodic guitar riff always sounded good to me but it was just an instrumental on the AB outtakes. UV sounds very 'Stone Roses' to me. LIB comes across as some kind of Kraftwerk/Pink Floyd bastard offspring...quite scary and very menacing.

Noticed all the DVD's are NTSC format...so hope you all have compatible players here in the UK?

Listening to my 'kindergarten' disc in glorious DTS NEO and Audyssey 7.1 as we speak. Lots of 'rear speaker' action going on...loving it.

Shame 'Acrobat' isn't the very raw 'Drag You Down' version from the AB outtakes. Love the 'Montgomery's Visit' guitar on TTTYAATW. That melodic guitar riff always sounded good to me but it was just an instrumental on the AB outtakes. UV sounds very 'Stone Roses' to me. LIB comes across as some kind of Kraftwerk/Pink Floyd bastard offspring...quite scary and very menacing.

Noticed all the DVD's are NTSC format...so hope you all have compatible players here in the UK?

NTSC DVD's will play fine in the UK....as long as they're region free (which I'm sure they would be).

"Baby" Mysterious Ways sounds excellent. Really like the backing vocals and the new chorus arrangement :drool:

Is there a mod around to merge the two new threads?

Edit: Wow, that was like magic?

Is there a mod around to give me a million dollars? :hyper:

Heh, baby Zoo Station is like a hybrid of Bottoms and the finished version. Verreh' cool.

NTSC DVD's will play fine in the UK....as long as they're region free (which I'm sure they would be).

Strangely, the two physical copies I've seen of this online (the Anton Corbijn video from the Netherlands) and this photo album https://picasaweb.google.com/113382011480072452964/AchtungBaby20thAnniversaryLTDEditionBoxset# are both from Europe, and yet the boxes clearly have the "FBI Warning" that only appears on US releases. Is it possible all of the box sets are being produced in the US and then exported?

Strangely, the two physical copies I've seen of this online (the Anton Corbijn video from the Netherlands) and this photo album https://picasaweb.google.com/113382011480072452964/AchtungBaby20thAnniversaryLTDEditionBoxset# are both from Europe, and yet the boxes clearly have the "FBI Warning" that only appears on US releases. Is it possible all of the box sets are being produced in the US and then exported?

Could be anything. I guess it's possible that all the early copies sent out to people like Corbijn and McCormick were the US editions. Who knows...I wouldn't read too much into it.

Are you worried the FBI might be looking for you?

FBI+Anti-Piracy+Warning.jpg

I hope they do a Baby version of Pop and Zooropa. I kind of wish they had done it with ever re-release. And while I like the new B-sides I would have rather heard raw vocals than 2011 Bono but it's not a huge gripe.

Yes, mine has the FBI warning on it too (UK version)...but there was a sticker on the shrink wrap saying "CD's made in Germany.' It was a small white sticker with black writing? Many, if not all Blurays have the FBI warning at the start of the disc. It seems to be an international piracy warning these days.

Who is the woman singing on 'Everybody Loves A Winner'?

Yes, mine has the FBI warning on it too (UK version)...but there was a sticker on the shrink wrap saying "CD's made in Germany.' It was a small white sticker with black writing? Many, if not all Blurays have the FBI warning at the start of the disc. It seems to be an international piracy warning these days.

Who is the woman singing on 'Everybody Loves A Winner'?

Have you listened to Zooropa yet? Does it sound like they've adjusted the levels as they did with AB? The dead giveaway is that it should be louder than the disc you already own.

My personal guess is that they pumped up the volume on ALL these discs, not just AB, to bring them in line w/contemporary releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom