Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part IV/Four

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Garbage cover, not half-bad. As for the Snow Patrol snippet, I'll save a final analysis for the final version. However, now that I remember it, they did the same thing with the INXS song New Sensation, basically taking out all the energy from it and singing it over a somber background.

Granted, INXS actually did something similar on their Original Sin album this year, but I don't think covering a song necessarily means you have to play it slower if it's a faster, catchier number. We'll see how this one turns out though.

Interesting versions, like the Patti Smith one, Garbage is ok, Snow Patrol .. um, not so much ... Come on guys, I believe in you :lol:

I still think there should be a Real Thing cover as well, not a U2 remix.

Is it sad that the one I'm most excited for is UV, even though it will basically be the same as U2's version?

I just don't get it. It's such a popular thing to do with songs when people are trying to cover it. Specifically with "One". It's like... hey... lets just slow it down a shit ton and put a piano in there and overly express our vocals. Problem solved. That's my 'take' on how to play this song!

And now Snow Patrol just went and did that to "Mysterious Ways". Seriously...

If I were to create a new 'take' on both of those songs it'd be....

"One" as harder hitting and less lovey-dovey, and "Mysterious Ways" minus the funky sound and plus some distortion or something. I dunno...

"One" as harder hitting and less lovey-dovey, and "Mysterious Ways" minus the funky sound and plus some distortion or something. I dunno...

That's actually a couple really good ideas. I hate covers of U2 songs a general rule, but I'd be into hearing those from a couple decent artists.

The only track I have even a small amount of hope for on this record is NIN's Zoo Station.

My rankings so far:

1) Love is Blindness (Jack White) - I absolutely love it.
2) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Garbage) - pretty good.
3) One (Damien Rice) - good, but meh.

100% remastered!!!!!!! AT LAST WE KNOW....:drool::drool::drool: Courtesy of Neil McCormick who has the boxset.

thank god we now know!!!!!!!

he is also liking Heaven and Hell- no brainer

I'm really enjoying Heaven & Hell, which sounds like a drunk U2 trying to play soul music in a Berlin bar after closing time. #Achtung Baby

My rankings so far:

1) Love is Blindness (Jack White) - I absolutely love it.
2) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Garbage) - pretty good.
3) One (Damien Rice) - good, but meh.

My thoughts exactly. My least favorite so far is Damien Rice. Jack White's version of LIB is my favorite so far, love it. WGRYWH by Garbage is great as well.

I think Garbage's version is almost perfect except for the bridge. The song completely looses it at that point (IMHO).

onozomg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom