Achtung Baby Remaster (Disk 2): What's your ideal tracklist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which JT ones, had no lyrics and bono just rambling over the top of them? There are some pretty rough ones with the JT, but nothing like the sketches that make up the stolen tapes from AB.

Is it Rise Up where you hear bono scream out VERSE! But yeah, they are a bit more polished, but it wouldnt take much work to do that with a CD's worth of the achtung baby outtakes

Which JT ones, had no lyrics and bono just rambling over the top of them? There are some pretty rough ones with the JT, but nothing like the sketches that make up the stolen tapes from AB.

That's not exactly true. Desert of Our Love has very few lyrics and at the end Lanois even says "that's the best one today." It is pretty much a sketch with little song direction at that point. As for the Salome Tapes, there are amazing lyrics on many of those tracks and many are pretty far along. Doctor, Doctor and Take You Down could be released with little change. The second Morning Child could be released too with little change. Then you have the Back Mask/Sick For Love versions which lyrically are light years more complete than many that made it on the remasters like Rise Up, Desert of Our Love and Angels Too Tied To The Ground. :up:

That's not exactly true. Desert of Our Love has very few lyrics and at the end Lanois even says "that's the best one today." It is pretty much a sketch with little song direction at that point. As for the Salome Tapes, there are amazing lyrics on many of those tracks and many are pretty far along. Doctor, Doctor and Take You Down could be released with little change. The second Morning Child could be released too with little change. Then you have the Back Mask/Sick For Love versions which lyrically are light years more complete than many that made it on the remasters like Rise Up, Desert of Our Love and Angels Too Tied To The Ground. :up:

yeah, but weren't the ab demos stolen, and the masters were never recovered? how would they release remastered, cleaned up versions from something they no longer have? maybe i am wrong, but i never heard about them being recovered.

Any remastered Achtung Baby album with an additional disc would make me a happy man. :drool:

If it were up to me though, rather than giving us b-sides and live material we already have, I'd say give me some unreleased material over any of that. I still have an mp3 of that promo for the album where they had an alternate vocal take on One, for example. If some more of those are out there, I'd love to get my hands on those full songs at some point!

CD 1: Remastered Tracks
CD 2: Tracks from the AB outtakes and live shows
DVD: Either the Washington or Stockholm '92 shows

and I hope a poster comes with it lol
i would love to have one with the band wearing the Zooropa uniforms or one from a live show during The Fly :drool::drool::drool::drool:

zooropa baby introduction
short macphisto speech snippet
the fly (live from sydney)
the fly temple bar mix
lady with the spinning head
(Pavarotti phone call)
even better than the real thing (perfecto mix)
salome
take you down
(taxi phone call)
alex descends
who's gonna ride your wild horses (temple bar edit)
heaven and hell
(white house call)
acrobat soundcheck
zoo station (live washington)
until the end of the world (sydney)
ultraviolet light (stockholm)
mysterious ways (stockholm)
love is blindness (sydney)
zoo confessionals (various live)
can't help falling in love (sydney)
(hidden track) bullet the blue sky wembley
happiness is a warm gun
tryin' to throw your arms around the world (adelaide)

hhm, that's better.

Back
Top Bottom