Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, do I maybe not see what the fuss is about over Oh Berlin? Is it because I'm an Edge connoisseur and Edge is pretty three-chord boring in it? I think that might be it. Bono is very poetic of course, but that's not what floats my boat necessarily in the world of U2... :D

Thoughts?

Does anyone know at what point in the recording process "Everybody Loves a Winner" was done? It's not that I dislike it, but it just sounds so... Rattle and Hum. I don't hear any of the forward-thinking, "let's not sound like U2" vibe they were going for with AB. The same could be said, to a lesser extent, for "Heaven and Hell," especially with that blues-y guitar solo.

Can anyone tell me what's with this ZooTV special on the 3rd DVD of the Super Deluxe edition of Achtung Baby? Is it that outside broadcast documentary, with some full versions of live songs or something else?

Yes, that is the Outside Broadcast documentary that aired around Thanksgiving 1992.
It also has a MTV "Most Wanted" special where this fan won a broadcast of the ZooTV Stockholm concert to his living room. I only forwarded through the chapters but the great thing is that it looks like a straight transfer of the MTV broadcast. Including videos. Of course, the ones for The Fly, Mysterious Ways and One aren't too interesting, as they're in probably much better quality on the Videos DVD (or The Best Of 1990-2000 DVD). But it also includes the videos for Angels Of Harlem and A Celebration, making this the first time these videos appear on DVD. :)

still can't bloody find anything on youtube! i thought i would've heard it by now haha

1. ZOO TV SPECIAL – a documentary So this is the documentary from which Desire and Tryin' to throw... were used on Sydney DVD ? :hmm:

2. SHORTS:
MTV's “Most Wanted – ZooTV Special”*
MTV Rockumentary*
U2 on Naked City, 1993
U2 on TV-AM, 1992

Are these interviews we've seen before ... ie Kurt Loder interview with the band, and the interview with the "rock and roll doggie" line ?

So, do I maybe not see what the fuss is about over Oh Berlin? Is it because I'm an Edge connoisseur and Edge is pretty three-chord boring in it? I think that might be it. Bono is very poetic of course, but that's not what floats my boat necessarily in the world of U2... :D

Thoughts?

I think it's positively ho-hum, personally.

Niceman said:
:ohmy:

My Amazon.ca Uber box is SHIPPING SOON!!!!!!!!

It just went from delayed until Dec 19 to shipping Nov 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hug:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

That's stellar!!!!

Does anyone know at what point in the recording process "Everybody Loves a Winner" was done? It's not that I dislike it, but it just sounds so... Rattle and Hum. I don't hear any of the forward-thinking, "let's not sound like U2" vibe they were going for with AB. The same could be said, to a lesser extent, for "Heaven and Hell," especially with that blues-y guitar solo.

U2 didn't write "Everybody Loves A Winner". It's a cover, originally written by Bill Williams and Booker T. Jones.

Does anybody know the size of the posters in the super deluxe set?
Every description sais "posters in a wallet"...:doh:

TM said:
Does anybody know the size of the posters in the super deluxe set?
Every description sais "posters in a wallet"...:doh:

More like litography.. Size of an LP.

Ask Mr. Owl.
Untitled.png

If anyone is curious what to do with all that expensive extra space in the Uber set, just stack the cd folders. Move the pins that are taking up Soooo much space to the glasses side and fill that bad boy up with all those vintage cd singles. It holds all five Achtung, one Even Better remixes, three Zooropa singles. Batman single and Melon. And plenty of room for all for zooropa promo singles and until the end of the world promo in slim cases.

Or you could put the fan club zootv disc in there

Thank you U2 for my 400 dollar cd case!

U2 didn't write "Everybody Loves A Winner". It's a cover, originally written by Bill Williams and Booker T. Jones.

I don't know who this Bill Williams person is you're talking about, but the song was written (and originally performed) by William Bell, one of the stellar acts on the Stax label.
:nerd:

I like Oh Berlin so much partially because it's got an awesome mixed-meter time signature thing going on. Like 7/4 or 7/8. That 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2.

That's bad ass; I love that kind of thing. I'm trying to think if there's any other songs where they've done that.

Damn...

Just checked my Uber Deluxe, which was supposed to come Dec 19th or not at all (which I hadn't cancelled yet) and it says shipping soon too for Nov 8th ...After I ordered a Super Deluxe (due to my pre-emptive worry that both sets would sell out by December). I might have one set too many on my hands...::ohmy:

Damn...

Just checked my Uber Deluxe, which was supposed to come Dec 19th or not at all (which I hadn't cancelled yet) and it says shipping soon too for Nov 8th ...After I ordered a Super Deluxe (due to my pre-emptive worry that both sets would sell out by December). I might have one set too many on my hands...::ohmy:

Yeah, if I had been SURE the album wouldn't ship until then, I would have ordered one too, but I was suspicious....

Niceman said:
It's only available as a download?

CAN I burn it to an audio disc?

Yes

If you burn it to CD in audio-CD format, it will be cut to 16-bits. Isn't DVD-Audio 24-bits, though?

It's 44.1kHz/24bit, so its not DVD-Audio quality, but since it's 24bit, you can't burn it to an audio cd...(DVD-Audio is 96kHz/24bit)

Back
Top Bottom