Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder how many of us have the 2 disc version while we wait for something bigger to show up in the mail? Seems like quite a few.

:wave: me!!!..HAHA!! I bought it Tuesday because I wanted something before my Uber comes!!! which it SHIPPED!!! I should get it Friday I'm soooo happy!!! :applaud::applaud::hyper:

So...I've discovered more issues with these sets.

My Super Deluxe finally arrived today by carrier pigeon...a day late. I tried to catch the pigeon but it flew away, so I called Amazon. They said they will find out which pigeon is responsible and withold its bird seed for two days.

With the set in hand, I was then dismayed to discover that none of the content will play on my 78rpm gramophone player? It is a relatively new model, from 1932 I think? I've played UK and US discs on it before and all has been okay.

Then I noticed that most of the artwork in this set is in colour. I didn't even know colour pictures had been invented. This is discrimination against those that are colour-blind, like me. I therefore want all the artwork to be in black & white.

And finally, I discover that all of the wording in the 92-page book is printed. I fully expected it to be handwritten with a quill and the finest ink.

What were Universal thinking? How could they issue a set with all these problems...it's a disgrace.

So, I invite any experts on pigeons, gramophones, colour pictures and calligraphy to post. Please be as rude and as argumentative as you can be. In return, I will treat your replies with contempt whilst spending hours dissecting them in minute detail and responding in the same way. I will also look at all the posts you have ever made on the site just to find that one sentence that justifies what I am saying and makes me right...and you wrong. I shall continue to do this until even I have no idea what I am saying anymore.

Meanwhile, I will continue to ignore those who post pointing out the futility of the argument. Indeed, this will make me even more determined to win. I will be oblivious to the fact that most forum members are having a laugh at my expense. I will do all this because I have to WIN...I have to be RIGHT. Only then will I stop and gloat over my victory.

Or...I might just relax...enjoy the music...and then go to bed.

Tough choice:D

I'm pretty sure that you have just won Interference.

I failed to notice my 25,000th post had happened. :sad:

Thanks for pointing it out, friends.

Oh, please. Cut the act.

You know damned well that we threw a surprise party for you, but when you got there and yelled "SURPRISE" all you did was punch PhilsFan in the face, dump the punch bowl over my head, tear down bono_212's banner that said "CONGRATULATIONS, LAZ!", stomp all over the nice cake Imperor baked, and then left, ranting about creepsters peeking in windows.

We cried for hours.

Hours.

Oh, please. Cut the act.

You know damned well that we threw a surprise party for you, but when you got there and yelled "SURPRISE" all you did was punch PhilsFan in the face, dump the punch bowl over my head, tear down bono_212's banner that said "CONGRATULATIONS, LAZ!", stomp all over the nice cake Imperor baked, and then left, ranting about creepsters peeking in windows.

We cried for hours.

Hours.

Don't forget the part where I broke a champagne bottle across GAF's kneecap.

and then left, ranting about creepsters peeking in windows.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

twowindow.jpg

Don't forget the part where I broke a champagne bottle across GAF's kneecap.

Well, seeing as how that ended up leading to a bigger melee, I figured that wasn't my story to tell.

I'll let GAF tell the tale of how his ambulance ride turned into a total crime spree involving parrots, cardboard boxes, mack trucks and Miley Cyrus.

WELL THANKS FOR INVITING ME!

fcl

Sorry. :hug:

But don't worry - we're planning something really awesome for your 25,000th post.

From u2.com:

Universal Music tell us that on some older DVD players the 'Zoo TV:Live From Sydney' disc in the Box Sets is not playing properly.

They've set up a helpline and any customers experiencing problems with this DVD are being sent a replacement disc.

If that's you, please email Universal Music Customer Services at FishersCustSvc@umusic.com or call 1-800-288-5942

Meantime, while you're waiting for the replacement, the DVD will play in your laptop or desktop​

From u2.com:

Universal Music tell us that on some older DVD players the 'Zoo TV:Live From Sydney' disc in the Box Sets is not playing properly.

They've set up a helpline and any customers experiencing problems with this DVD are being sent a replacement disc.

If that's you, please email Universal Music Customer Services at FishersCustSvc@umusic.com or call 1-800-288-5942

Meantime, while you're waiting for the replacement, the DVD will play in your laptop or desktop​

Thanks! Even though I already own it, I still will be ordering the copy.

Older players? My Samsung Blu-Ray player is 2 years old and yeah, the Sydney DVD doesn't play. I guess it's over the hill. :lol:

I'm only going to watch the disc of extras tonight, but I tested the others, and they all worked and didn't appear to have sync issues, so yay.

From u2.com:

Some older DVD players? Why don't they just admit they screwed up?

In Australia I'm still waiting for my supper box (really upset I didn't get uber box,but I couldent afford it) I was told that I should of had it last Friday, but cause of qantus strike all goods etc running late dam!!!!
So I went to my local cd shop to get the 2disk version & there all sold out, I could order 1 & have it in a month?? No thanks I sad :(
I rang another store & there getting there 2 disk on weekend so have to wait till then.
One bloke on the phone didn't even know who U2 were??

From u2.com:

I dialed the number and thankfully this is real. I am now happy.

My god...someone actually posted about the artistic content of the set...big shout out to you 'Gonna Run 2 U'

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

I agree!!! It'd be great to have a thread about the actual contents rather than debates about remastering, PAL/NTSC, and people posting updates from their delivery services.:drool: I'd post a review but won't waste my time becausethese types of posts are in a wash of about 15 others showing screenshots of the delivery company estimated time of arrival. :down:

I'm glad they're sending NTSC discs. However, it's not worth it to me to get one - I don't need a third copy of Sydney.

Has anyone received their Uber boxset and I've had damage to the inside of the boxset? Looks like UPS managed to drop my package and the inside corners of the gold top tray and the same corners of the bottom gold drawer have been ripped and a corner is bent (corner is not too bad compared to the rips). Kind of pisses me off that you spend so much money on something like this and some asshat can ruin it all by being careless.

Oh, please. Cut the act.

We cried for hours.

Hours.
what's worse is when he tore down the banner, he revealed the original one we made that said "YOU'RE KILLING US, LAZ".

this dvd mess has got me to thinking though...do i want the pal or ntsc dvds? my laptop is ntsc, but my ps3 is pal :panic:

naw really, i'm just gonna order it from whoever's cheaper, so probs amazon.

Just so you know what true patience/suffering is...my wife bought me the Uber for my birthday. It arrived today. My birthday is at the end of next week. It's right now sitting 3 feet from me, still in its Amazon box, so I can't even see what it looks like or touch it, and it has to stay there another eight days before I can open it.

Seriously considering some self-inflicted moderate head trauma, leading to an approximately seven-day coma, just to get through.

what's worse is when he tore down the banner, he revealed the original one we made that said "YOU'RE KILLING US, LAZ".

:lol:

Seriously considering some self-inflicted moderate head trauma, leading to an approximately seven-day coma, just to get through.

That box set's got some heft. Give yourself a good solid wallop to the head with it.

We'll see you in seven days. :wave:

{creepy whisper} SEVEN DAYS! {/creepy whisper}

Back
Top Bottom