Accoustic version of "Unknown Caller"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked it lot and I've been listening to it a lot.
Listen to their version of "Magnificent". Very nice too.
It's a bit of a shame for U2, but these stripped versions easily have a more middle-eastern spirit than the U2 ones... And it wasn't hard to get that spirit, judging on what he hear here...

It's a bit of a shame for U2, but these stripped versions easily have a more middle-eastern spirit than the U2 ones... And it wasn't hard to get that spirit, judging on what he hear here...

Wow hang on, if it wasnt for U2 there would be no cover versions, but yes this goes along with your recent negativity towards the band.

Wow hang on, if it wasnt for U2 there would be no cover versions, but yes this goes along with your recent negativity towards the band.
Did I say that these versions are better than the original ones? I just said that these are "undeniably" more middle-eastern due to its arrangement.

I'm starting to get a little tired of being constantly attacked by users like you for not always praising with every little piece of s*** that the band does and for having the ability and the counsciousness to criticise and to analyse it. I'm getting tired of this little pressure and starting to feel that my freedom of speech and opinions here more recently get some sort of censure because of that.

You know what, this arrangement is how U2 should play it live. I feel it actually works better than the approach they took. It feels tighter.

Unknown Caller was really the 1 new song that didn't work live for me on tour.

Just a thought.

I feel too that "Unknown Caller" is one of U2's finest studio pieces from this decade and that the live version can't reach what the studio one brings.
But it seems that I'm not allowed to say it, because it's against the religion and I might be excomunicated.

I agree with you. There is definitely a more middle eastern flow to it.

I agree - Over-production is one of U2's worst enemies IMO

Back
Top Bottom