ABC NEWS: Bono injured in rehearsal, undergoes emergency back surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No i dont suppose Bono is ok, i suppose Bono is in a hospital bed now in pain after having an op on his back, i suppose the only thing he cares about now and rightly so is himself and his wife and kids,

the back is litreally the worse place in the world you could need an op, it can stop you from moving,

maybe just maybe U2 fans should actually show they are fans. rather than take the piss.

i took a piss all over this post.

I've had my plane tickets to LA and Anaheim concert tickets for a while now; these are not cheap, by any means. I've been looking forward to June 6th for a long, long time...

...but in all honesty, I'd much rather Bono take his time to properly recover than risk further, long term effects. I think the B-man's physical well-being is worth at least a few canceled/ postponed tour dates. Hope he's recuperating well... :therethere:

I can see the threads/discussions now...like bono's voice pre/post pop....bonos voice pre/post back injury :doh:

I have tix to Giants Stadium, front area...please be well for that Bono...good luck to u

Serisouly shit news for the guy. Get well soon B-Man!

Nice reference in the message from Paul McG "We were due to start rehearsals on Tuesday in Salt Lake City and get the show ready for the next leg. There were gonna be some changes and some new material."

Hopefully he gets well soon and can belt out some great new tunes

Just sending up all possible prayers and positive thoughts for Bono and his family.

I have great tickets for both Anaheim shows, but at this point, seriously, who cares if they ever reschedule this tour - I'm just hoping he gets well, and that he fully recovers. I mean, what is a concert in comparison to someone's health? I just hope everyone in the U2 community can send Bono all their positive thoughts and prayers for an easy and relatively painless recovery. He has given so much to us fans over the years. I know we can lift him up with our thoughts and prayers. :hug::grouphug:

Just sending up all possible prayers and positive thoughts for Bono and his family.

I have great tickets for both Anaheim shows, but at this point, seriously, who cares if they ever reschedule this tour - I'm just hoping he gets well, and that he fully recovers. I mean, what is a concert in comparison to someone's health? I just hope everyone in the U2 community can send Bono all their positive thoughts and prayers for an easy and relatively painless recovery. He has given so much to us fans over the years. I know we can lift him up with our thoughts and prayers. :hug::grouphug:

Amen. :grouphug:

Btw. if it was that serious - how did they transport him to Munich. Normally you wouldn't risk flying a person with back injury.

And yes, he has two great doctors! Müller-Wohlfahrt is the doc from the FC Bayern - so he treats some of the best soccer players of the world.

And our hero Bono!!!!

He should get well first and that go back on tour again..... That's more important!

Btw. if it was that serious - how did they transport him to Munich. Normally you wouldn't risk flying a person with back injury.

And yes, he has two great doctors! Müller-Wohlfahrt is the doc from the FC Bayern - so he treats some of the best soccer players of the world.

And our hero Bono!!!!

He should get well first and that go back on tour again..... That's more important!

I don't think they flew him in from the US, more like from France where he spent the last week. He has been seen in Munich before, last time a day after his birthday on Munich airport, obviously in pain and not able to walk properly. So he has a history of going to Munich for treatment of his back. He's in good hands there.

We all need to pray/send those positive vibes out to him, just like he has done for so many people in the world.
Whatever happens, happens. I am concerned also, but God is in control. I bet Ali and his family are a calming precense right now too. I am praying for all of them and entire U2 family...

I am definately not going to pray. That's a waste of time.
But I really do hope he will get better soon!!

Get well soon Bono! Hated to hear this news today, hope you're back soon and entertaining the millions, because you're the BEST LEAD SINGER IN THE WORLD! :bono:

For some it isn't. It can give you hope and strength in difficult times.

Show some respect for people who are really worried, please.

Oh so only those who pray are worried about Bono's condition? :| Show some respect for the people who do not believe in your bible and all those other religions. We're people too. And we can worry about our heroes as well.

Well I think since jeannieco said "pray/send positive vibes" she meant to include everyone in their own ways guys! :grouphug: :happy:

Oh so only those who pray are worried about Bono's condition? :| Show some respect for the people who do not believe in your bible and all those other religions. We're people too. And we can worry about our heroes as well.

Praying has nothing to do with belief in the bible or a certain religion. I'm not a religious person either but I respect other peoples' beliefs and know about the power of prayer.

And no, I wasn't saying only people who pray are worried for Bono. Praying is just ONE way to deal with it and it works for a lot of people. It's the power of positive thought, something that is really needed on this forum here sometimes.

This Bono injury has led to some good jokes on other sites I've seen. Like: "I hope he didn't hurt himself trying to lift his ego", etc.

This Bono injury has led to some good jokes on other sites I've seen. Like: "I hope he didn't hurt himself trying to lift his ego", etc.

OR "Maybe they should take out 80% of his spine to make room for his ego!"
Which BTW I find completely tasteless. I don't think it'S time or place for anyone to make jokes like that. People can love him or hate him - and there are many who hate him - but I think posting comments like these is simply :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom