ABC NEWS: Bono injured in rehearsal, undergoes emergency back surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I deal with injuries in my job all the time including spinal. Emergency spinal surgery as pointed out is not a good thing. Recovery is very rarely quick. My 100% complete guess with this limited info is that the next leg is going to get postponed at a minimum. If he is injured to this degree its a good thing to postpone it. It wont be the same show without Bono being 100% or close to it and I'm sure they will reschedule and not cancel completely. They have most of the time in the past. Not to mention if he goes out to early the chances of reinjury are significant. Lets just hope he is able to tour and continue at the level he has in the past down the road when he is 100% recovered.

Oh my god, this has utterly depressed me. What does this mean for Glastonbury?? Please please don't cancel that

Here's to full recovery soon, no doubt he has the best doctors around. Could this be a spinal disc injury related to atu2's newsbits of Bono's history with back problems..?

February 18, 2003
Bono is unable to attend the Dublin premiere of Neil Jordan's The Good Thief, his second cancelled appearance in the past week. Dublin media learn that Bono has a slipped disc in his back.

They have bad luck with tours though: first Vertigo tour and now 360 gets delayed for medical reasons...

Maybe Bono had enough of Brett Micheals hogging the health crisis spotlight (JOKING--of course)

Get well soon B :heart:

(and get well too Brett....)

Apparently crew members have been telling fans the tour will resume in Minneapolis. Which would mean the West Coast dates would be postponed, which is 7 I think? Either way, hopefully he is healthy enough for that Minneapolis date if true and doesn't further injure himself. Pretty bad luck, but I'm sure he'll make a full recovery.

I know everyone else in the band will, but I hope he, himself, will put his health first and the tour 3rd, 4th or 5th. I'd so much rather have him healthy than any more 360 tour dates.

Get better soon, Bono. We love you.
:sad:

I agree completely, Fitz.

We are all love you, Bono, and we're praying for you. :grouphug: :heart: :hug:

Wow, that was a shocker. Safety always comes first, so I hope they don't do anything stupid by putting Bono on stage while still recovering. Seeing as they've only delayed one show thus far I hope it isn't all too serious.

Get well, B-Man. :sad:

The back is one of the last thing you want problem with, it affects alot of things when you have pain: problem to be on stage for over 2 hours, worse patience, problem with singing. I feel sad for you Bono :(

If it takes months for him to heal, I think they shoudl cancel the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom