A Sort Of Homecoming TUF Daniel Lanois remix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if nothing else, comparing this to the original is the perfect way to decipher the difference between Lanois and Eno's styles

This mix is gonna fuel the Lanois ruined NLOTH side then :wink:

I'm wondering how the drums and bass will sound on the remaster if they're as good as on this mix then this mix does nothing for me, if they're not then at least this mix has something going for it beyond the wtf? intro

Basically, this is A Sort Of Homecoming with all the best parts stripped out and fucking bizarre Lion Sleeps Tonight elements added. Daniel Lanois is an idiot.

I Loved it.
Peter Gabriel it;s my favourite snger besides Bono, I prefer this version.

Like it alot, not over the album version, but its a good remix that does not mess with the original too much.

Really does show off Lanois' excellent work with rhythm sections.

That's a fun remix, but doesn't really fit the vibe of that album.

My preference is still for the live version on Wide Awake in America.

IMO it's a total embarrassment, however it sounds good (bass and drums), which bodes well for the remaster....:drool:

IMO it's a total embarrassment, however it sounds good (bass and drums), which bodes well for the remaster....:drool:

i wouldn't say it's an embarrassment. i think it captures the different styles and influences that the band was into at the time. with that said, i'm very, very glad that the Eno version made the album and not this one. i also agree with your thoughts on the audio.

Back
Top Bottom