A Sort Of Homecoming Not Played Live Because Of Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully realize that you aren't and that you can't comprehend the difference between the two songs, and once again your inaccurate way of describing the differences in how Streets has been performed is a prime example. It's also clear that you also don't understand the difference in technique he's using to sing some of those songs that you listed nowadays as opposed to how he used to sing them.

However, that doesn't mean that a factual or at minimum well-informed opinion about things musical can't be stated, simply by virtue of the fact that you can't see it yourself or aren't informed in that area. Music, notes, tones, technique and degrees of difficulty in those areas can be assessed in a technical sense, yes they can, and whether you believe they can or not is irrelevant, really. But, I have no burning desire to convince you so if you don't "buy it", I can totally live with that.

I post on interference and have listened to U2 non stop for the last 6 years. I think I know the difference between ASOH and TUF.

Your over the internet diagnosis of my ignorance wont change anything in that department.

Fantastic.

But you still haven't told me what is wrong with me saying very simply that Streets was sung in a deeper voice and the other songs were merely performed differently.

Did I get into any technical analysis? No.

Precisely because I am no expert.

I do believe that degrees of difficulty can be assessed in a technical sense, I just don't see how ASOH could be that much harder than UF or UV or NLOTH.

I have no interest in getting into any further argument with you over it. You keep going until you think you've "proven" yourself right, so I'm not getting into that.:wave:

Having said all that, I'll again state that I would definitely like to hear this song again, in whatever form Bono/U2 can do it now. I loved UF, also, even if I sortof wished he'd done it closer to the original. That doesn't make me a bad fan or a "Bono detractor" ;)

I am with you:up:

Its one of my favorites and it certainly could replace an ATYCLB song in the set list.

I never said you were a bad fan or Bono detractor. I was just going on the general implication from some that Bono couldn't handle this song today.

I post on interference and have listened to U2 non stop for the last 6 years. I think I know the difference between ASOH and TUF.

I see. You've been posting on interference and listening to U2 non stop for the last 6 years...I get it. You're just a better fan than I, clearly!

All that bs aside, you don't know that there is a difference in the technical difficulty or level of challenge of the two songs. You also seem to have a penchant for arguing tirelessly, which I've no interest in these days. Have you considered the possibility that you might in fact be wrong? Whatever, we're done here. :up:

Gabe, sometimes you come across like your word is the gospel truth and there is no room for debate. Yeah, yeah, no one has to put IN MY OPINION in every post, but when other posters respond similiarly to your tone, at what point do you realize that maybe you're not coming across very well? (That could be said for other posters as well - a little self-awareness can be a good thing on the internet as well as in real life.)

That being said, I could see how ASOH would be more challenging vocally than TUF. I'm not at a piano to figure out what notes are what, but there are more phrases with notes at the higher end of Bono's range in ASOH than the brief forays into that range in TUF - and there's a difference between singing in falsetto like Bono does in the TUF studio version and the more full-voice that he uses for much of the high parts on ASOH.

That doesn't mean that Bono can't sing it anymore. I mean, I can say both are easy for me to sing, but I'm a girl and don't have the same range as Bono. :wink:

Cori, your points are well taken. Following the entire conversation, U2387 originally asserted in a fairly clearly matter of fact way "UF is definitely as challenging or more challenging of a song vocally." He then follows that up with a personal jab and a "shut up". Yes, I told him he's wrong, but I'm not insulting anyone by telling them that they don't understand the technical differences in terms of level of difficulty between songs, I mean any vocalist or even musician can easily pick the differences out, as you have. He's just wrong in his assertion, that's all, and I don't regard him any less of a fan or person for it, so there needn't be any offense taken.

Having said that, it's just words on a screen and that's all I see it as. You know me well enough by now to know when I'm realllllly gettin all riled up! :wink: :shrug:

I think we need to hear U2387 sing TUF first. Then we decide if he gets to be involved in said group hug or not.

I see. You've been posting on interference and listening to U2 non stop for the last 6 years...I get it. You're just a better fan than I, clearly!

All that bs aside, you don't know that there is a difference in the technical difficulty or level of challenge of the two songs. You also seem to have a penchant for arguing tirelessly, which I've no interest in these days. Have you considered the possibility that you might in fact be wrong? Whatever, we're done here. :up:

Never said I was a better fan.

I also made clear I knew there was a difference in technical ability.

The rest is quite funny, my penchant for arguing tirelessly?

You're the one with that reputation and you've been suspended over it.

Draw your own conclusions.

Now we're good:up:

Cori, your points are well taken. Following the entire conversation, U2387 originally asserted in a fairly clearly matter of fact way "UF is definitely as challenging or more challenging of a song vocally." He then follows that up with a personal jab and a "shut up". Yes, I told him he's wrong, but I'm not insulting anyone by telling them that they don't understand the technical differences in terms of level of difficulty between songs, I mean any vocalist or even musician can easily pick the differences out, as you have. He's just wrong in his assertion, that's all, and I don't regard him any less of a fan or person for it, so there needn't be any offense taken.

Having said that, it's just words on a screen and that's all I see it as. You know me well enough by now to know when I'm realllllly gettin all riled up! :wink: :shrug:

No offense taken, believe me.

Life is too short to really care what you correctly described as just words on a screen.

Don't regard you any less a person or fan for it.

The shut up was over the line, but considering your posting style and history, it should be no surprise you got it.

Can we both agree to tone it down and drop it?

As for Sicy and Cori's suggestion of a group hug conditional on my singing TUF, it wont happen.

I couldn't even pull off Happy Birthday!

I thought this back and forth had died
but it lives again....

toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Sorry.

I promise, I am done no matter what GVOX says in reply.

To all posters in this thread: I'll take the brunt of the credit for this diversion, I'm sorry, don't mind me continue...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom