A review of the new Liam Neeson vehicle 'Taken' note a U2-related sub-plot into the s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked this line in the review, "Note to the filmmakers: Seventeen-year-old girls might follow bands around, but aging dad-rockers U2 probably wouldn’t be one of them."

Hmmm... has this reviewer never heard of The Grateful Dead, who constantly attracted a new generation of young people that followed them around on tour religiously? And perhaps he doesn't know U2 fans - some of whom are quite young - and have seen U2 more times than I! I knew one young lady, albeit she was a tad older than 17, who did whatever she could to follow U2 during the POPMart tour (granted that was 10 years ago, but U2 members were in their late 30's by then). This included working in the stadiums and other odd jobs just to see the shows.

And really, what bands would a 17 year old follow? The young acts are not appropriate by then (i.e., no boy bands, Justin's, etc.). And of U2's younger contemporaries, none have the reputation for live shows that U2 does. So...

Any youngsters follow U2 out there? If so, you should write to this author and set him straight. :sexywink:

(Note to the filmmakers: Seventeen-year-old girls might follow bands around, but aging dad-rockers U2 probably wouldn’t be one of them.)

These people obviously have not read Interference during tour time. :lol:

Aw. That takes me back to the days of when the Saved by The Bell kids camped out at the mall to get tickets to a U2 concert.

I followed U2 around as a 19 year old girl 8 year ago, but I probably wouldn't consider that to be normal behavior for someone that age.

u said it! :up: I immediately noticed his avi too.. will always :heart: that show fo evah.

shot in my backyard sorta. Live about 15 min away from baltimore..:wink:

Haha, I knew that avatar would make people think I was a guy...I love the show but I have to admit that part of the reason I chose the McNulty avatar was because I think Dominick west is quite attractive :flirt:

I watched this movie literally an hour ago.

Now I'm afraid of following U2 around Europe in case I get kidnapped... :sad:

Aw. That takes me back to the days of when the Saved by The Bell kids camped out at the mall to get tickets to a U2 concert.

The old black lady saying "I never miss a U2 concert" kills me every time.

Neeson was such a bad-ass - clearly got over the death of his wife from that Love Actually film.

:lol: i love that movie...

I might have to see this. I really like Liam Neeson

And if I had the money, I would follow U2 around Europe. Definitely. I would have followed them around starting at the age of 12 :wink: really there is a pretty broad range of fans at U2 shows, but I'd say the median age is somewhere in the 20s, no? There are certainly plenty of younger U2 fans. They aren't really a "hip" band these days, but somebody's gotta be buying their records and tickets

Back
Top Bottom