A new U2 360 DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
I'm hoping they will release a new one. Since we haven't heard any news yet, I'm guessing that --if they do-- they'll film another North American concert and DVD it.

I think they should, because the tour has changed so much. Songs have come and gone, the lighting and video effects are now much more fine-tuned and visually amazing. I think it's time to document the 360 tour yet again!

Thoughts?

Depends on how much they're going to mix up the setlist on the upcoming legs. On the off-chance we get a new album, it's almost inevitable, but even if they just add the new live songs and a few other changes (O HAI THAR, Even Better Than The Real Thing), it could still happen.

Another reason they need to do that last Dublin show before ending the tour.

Or just shoot the dvd in South America while they're there. Oh and U2, please be shootin' Muse's show as well as a bonus disc kplzthnx. :D

I say no chance...it's probably the last thing on their mind. I don't know about others but i'm a bit over this tour. I don't care if it looks like a spaceship with legs just get back into an arena.

If there had been a second album released during 360, absolutely. The way things stand now? Not so much. I'd love for them to release a highlights compilation down the road though, maybe as a fan club item.

powerhour24 said:
. I'd love for them to release a highlights compilation down the road though, maybe as a fan club item.

I don't foresee a new full length DVD, though I think this idea would be great. If they would include scenes of them in the studio, as well, it's be fantastic.

It could be a bonus if they ever release a Best Of 2000-2010, like the Milan DVD that came with U218. I can see them releasing another compilation in 2012 if there isn't a new album coming out next year, either.

I did have a few minor quibbles about the Rose Bowl DVD, but I think it's pretty darned good. At least we have NLOTH and Unknown Caller captured in an official capacity. :up:

Plus, considering how many really great quality multicam bootleg DVDs have been torrented from this tour, I don't feel the need for another official one.

The issue I have with all their recent DVDs is that they don't capture the tours at their best, it's either too early (like Boston and Chicago) or too late to the point where Bono's voice is fatigued from a long stadium tour (or he doesn't sound right because he's sick like on Chicago), like how they've watered down their albums for the past decade, the public wouldn't see them at their best. A Wembly DVD from 360 would have been :drool:. Vertigo Milan released instead of or at least in addition to Chicago (after all the indoor and outdoor shows were quite different) and U2 3D being readily available, those would show everyone U2 at their best.

My biggest gripe with the Rose Bowl DVD, which I just rediscovered last night, is that the audience noise is almost completely removed from the mix, it just sounds so unnatural. I know Pasadena was a subdued audience, but not that much! That and of course the weird quasi-deletion of Breathe.

I like the Rose Bowl DVD, but I do think that some of the directing decisions were terrible. They don't show enough of the Claw, especially during the moments they need to. Like discussed in some other thread, COBL. Where are the spotlight shots and such? And in UTEOTW, the camera is zoomed all the way in on the band when the main riff starts and you don't see any of that awesome light show!

And it completely ruins the screen stretch during Unforgettable Fire.

Other than that, it's a good DVD, and I'm glad we finally got NLOTH, Unknown Caller, and Ultraviolet documented officially in a live setting.

The setlist hasn't changed enough to release a second one.

This.

Although, alot of other factors have changed. The light show now is far more solid and nailed down for each song, and the show feels alot more rehearsed and completed now. I wasn't a massive fan of the 2009 legs, for a few reasons. They lacked a good opener, the new material didn't come across with a bang, the claw wasn't used to its full potential and the overall setlist were far from exciting.

The 2010/11 legs just seem to be on another level compared to the 09 ones. A DVD right about now wouln't be a bad idea. The light show is easily the best its been all tour with the claw finally bursting to life. We currently have a brilliant opening song aswell, which all the other shows have lacked. Breathe/Beautiful Day never really did it for me and others as a typical U2 opener.

If their was to be a DVD on the horizon, then Mexico City is the perfect place. They have 3 nights of filming on offer, imagine how much material that is. The final finished product would be near perfect regarding the shot's, sound, performances, setlist, special momment's etc. They could perform 3 differen't setlist over the 3 nights, and put together one 25 song setlist using the best performances from each night. Not to mention the stadium, which is truly breathtaking.

I just hope the band realised the oppurtunity they have here, and film something.

The problem is that the setlist changed backwards. I don't want a DVD of the new shows. I already have the Elevation tour on DVD.

The other issue I have with the Rose Bowl DVD: what the hell was up with all the ambient blue lights on the band and red light on the crowd? This was not so at any other show. I remember thinking that watching the webcast.

I need a hookup on some personal favs.;)

Well crap, looks like I didn't note on my bootleg spreadsheet (yes, I have a spreadsheet - wanna make somethin' of it? :grumpy: ) which ones are multicams other than these, all of which I'd say are great: Helsinki 8/21, Paris 9/18, Brussels 9/22, Coimbra 10/3.

I know there are more that I have which are multicams; I'll have to update my list sometime.

You get a good list if you search for "multicam" on U2torrents:

http://u2torrents.com/torrents-search?search=multicam&cat=0

I think there are one or two that weren't torrented there due to official material (thanks to WAIE), but other than that, there are some great options to download.

The Slane show was a transcendent experience, that's why it was released. And those two shows are pretty different actually.

Based on that logic, they will release the glastonbury show in full?

If we are arguing about setlist differences not being enough reason to put out another DVD..I think the differences between say Rose Bowl and the tours 3rd leg would be the same as the Boston/Slane comparison.

I don't think we will get anything else from 360, maybe in 20 years when it's the 20th anniversary edition, they'll release La Plata 3 which had about the same amount of ATYCLB songs Boston and Slane have :wink:

Based on that logic, they will release the glastonbury show in full?

As far as I'm aware noone has released their own Glastonbury performance, might be something to do with the broadcast rights maybe. However, it will be shown live on the BBC so you'd be able to make your own great-quality DVD recording of it as I intend to do.

Back
Top Bottom