5 U2 songs even a hater could love by Jen Schaeffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going good choice, good choice, good choice, ehhhhh no?, total wtf...

First three definitely. The other two? Hell no. I'm a u2 fan and I will NEVER love that acoustic shit. And Miss Sarajevo is okay I guess, but love? No way.

First three definitely. The other two? Hell no. I'm a u2 fan and I will NEVER love that acoustic shit. And Miss Sarajevo is okay I guess, but love? No way.

Agreed. Acoustic EBW is weak compared to the album version. We can thank Adele that U2 did it :doh: Yeah, the first three were good choices but perhaps Moment Of Surrender and Stay (Faraway, So Close) for 4th and 5th.

I don't like acoustic...never have. With that said, that EMA performance of EBW was one of the best live U2 moments for me. Gave me chills.

With that said, Kite is a nice song but I wouldn't put it in this list and I'm with you on Miss Sarajevo...it's okay but it's not bridging any gaps between haters and fans.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Mysterious Ways is great, still sounds fresh, and is pretty easy to digest. Should definitely be on this list.

For somebody that beats her own chest about being a super U2 fan, she should probably also know that the Vertigo Tour was in 2005/06, not 2007, but that's neither here nor there.

Mysterious Ways is great, still sounds fresh, and is pretty easy to digest. Should definitely be on this list.

For somebody that beats her own chest about being a super U2 fan, she should probably also know that the Vertigo Tour was in 2005/06, not 2007, but that's neither here nor there.

:lol:

:up: Agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Miss Sarajevo is total snooze fest. Definitely not converting any haters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using U2 Interference mobile app

Ehh, don't know. I've met a lot of "I hate U2 because [insert reason that roughly translates to "the internet told me to hate them"]. Achtung Baby is good, though."-people, so I'd choose something more along that "edgier" (yeah, I hate that word) line. This is what I think: don't do slow. It's so easy with slow songs to go "that's boring", because you're not trying hard enough to absorb the mood the song is trying to convey. But most importantly, the person you're trying to convince will likely be looking for quick ways to validate their hate.

With rockier songs (think Until The End Of The World or New Year's Day) it's harder to instantly dismiss them, because throwing out "it's boring" on a whim is most often not as easy. Once you're past that initial phase the person may or may not like it, but in that time maybe you reached some nice guitar solo or drum section or whatever, so the chances are a little better he/she found something enjoyable.

Ehh, don't know. I've met a lot of "I hate U2 because [insert reason that roughly translates to "the internet told me to hate them"]. Achtung Baby is good, though."-people, so I'd choose something more along that "edgier" (yeah, I hate that word) line. This is what I think: don't do slow. It's so easy with slow songs to go "that's boring", because you're not trying hard enough to absorb the mood the song is trying to convey. But most importantly, the person you're trying to convince will likely be looking for quick ways to validate their hate.

With rockier songs (think Until The End Of The World or New Year's Day) it's harder to instantly dismiss them, because throwing out "it's boring" on a whim is most often not as easy. Once you're past that initial phase the person may or may not like it, but in that time maybe you reached some nice guitar solo or drum section or whatever, so the chances are a little better he/she found something enjoyable.

Good point JoRu, the more uptempo songs (especially from AB) would definitely go miles to ensure a "on the fence" listener gives the band a chance. These tracks have a lot going on and really hook you in from just 1 listen.

Back
Top Bottom