37 seconds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
This thread is about my opinion on the song "Last Night On Earth", and I am just wondering if anyone else shares this opinion with me?

Basically, I LOVE the intro - the synth sounds are so atmospheric and I think it's one of the best U2 intros ever. But then, at about 37 seconds.... the actual song kicks in. And the actual song does absolutely nothing for me.

Is anyone else on the same page as me here? In thinking that it is a brilliant intro, but very poor as an actual song?

It's one of my least favorites on Pop, but I can't say I feel anything one way or the other about the intro.

The live versions were much better. The 2 minute guitar solo outro that segued into UTEOW was phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I love the whole song, including the intro. About time those 36 seconds received an appreciation thread.

This thread is about my opinion on the song "Last Night On Earth", and I am just wondering if anyone else shares this opinion with me?

Basically, I LOVE the intro - the synth sounds are so atmospheric and I think it's one of the best U2 intros ever. But then, at about 37 seconds.... the actual song kicks in. And the actual song does absolutely nothing for me.

Is anyone else on the same page as me here? In thinking that it is a brilliant intro, but very poor as an actual song?

Intro is very promising but I too feel nothing once the song kicks in. I don't dislike the song, it's just very...meh. It is very similar to NLOTH(the song) in that I feel it should be better and I should like it more than I do but I just don't.

The live version was superior to the album, especially the outro.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I listened to this song while driving into Kansas City a while back, down the same highway where the video was filmed. It's really not a bad song.

It was unfinished. It had the potential to be a great song but on those choruses Bono's voice is SHOT... he admitted so himself. There is also an editing error which is noticeable to the keen ear.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

I spent 37 seconds in outer space after my abduction in the middle 90's

i recall nothing from this time other than i know it was a lot longer than the 37 seconds we account for here on earth.

I have spent the better part of the last two decades searching for my lost time in space. Out of which there isn't much.

Bright lights, mind bending tunnels and shapes, a secret message encrypted into my brain that will someday come alive - of this im sure i am not alone.

I am not saying that i am an alien plant of some kind which will someday take up arms against my own planet or civilization. However it is a possibility. My doubts and fears forced me on a self destructive path once several years ago, until it was revealed to me that the higher power of the order did not approve of this, apparently they have bigger plans for me.

So you see, in context, everything has some kind of purpose. Those 37 seconds were meant for something. And whatever comes after that brief (or not) period of time has it's own purpose as well. Never underestimate what is right in front of you, or behind you, or out there somewhere waiting to be revealed.

The first 37 (plus 13) seconds of Do You Feel Loved are amazing. Always wondered about that guitar (?) sound at the beginning, it is so damn good.

Back
Top Bottom