2018 U2.com gift.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Straight in with a "they should have done THIS" post, sorry, but it's a shame they've not done a pressing of "Excerpts From Rattle And Hum" instead or at least taken the three live tracks and put them with these remixes or something.

Very big disappointment...... Remixes and .... on vinyl again. Means lots of waiting. It could be so easy to take some outtakes from the movie on cd. Or a dvd /blu-ray with excerpts from this movie. Hope the album gets a proper rerelease in october with lots of non-released material.

At first sight I was in shock! I read U2-3D in a flash, thinking about a 3d movie... Anti -Climaxx.....

Yeah the instant I saw “U2 3D” I thought oh shit finally...bummer its just three remixes I really couldn’t care less about... very uninteresting. Vinyl remasters of all the R&H singles w/ live cuts would’ve been far more worthwhile.

Last edited:
A special edition Rattle and Hum DVD with bonus content or maybe a Lovetown show would have been ideal. People who subscribe to U2.com would be the perfect target audience for a re-release of the movie.

What? No. Nobody wants a remix of Heartland.

Yeah, I'm trying to think of a song that would benefit less from the remix treatment. Bass Trap?

And I suppose it goes almost without saying at this stage that a U2.com gift is going to be a waste of time and a missed opportunity.

Why would they confuse people by calling it 3-D when anyone interested would be familiar with the movie title

This October marks thirty years since the release of RATTLE AND HUM

So is there a remaster coming ? A Lovetown DVD ? Or at least more of Phil Joanou's footage ? Surely these remixes aren't all the R&H celebration they intend to do...

What a complete sack of shit this gift is, up there with duals and artificial horizon

Theve just done a tour that hasn't had any release whether it be music or a concert DVD. Perfect opportunity to release something from the tour

Last edited:
Why would they confuse people by calling it 3-D when anyone interested would be familiar with the movie title

Clearly, someone came up with this idea, someone else approved it, and neither one ever watched or heard of U23D. Non-fans are employed to recycle old material for cheap.

I imagine they might have bigger releases planned for certain things, like a new Rattle & Hum release, etc. I don't see that being a fan club-only release.

I get this is a pretty pissweak gift, but seriously:

Because it is a re-release of an EP they put out called that? An EP that pre-dates the movie by 16-17 years? And anyone who reads that article would

a) Know That, and
b) No longer be confused

What a complete sack of shit this gift is, up there with duals and artificial horizon

Theve just done a tour that hasn't had any release whether it be music or a concert DVD. Perfect opportunity to release something from the tour

Hang on. You want them to use the subscriber gift to release something from the Joshua Tree tour because they haven’t released anything from it yet, even though the last subscriber gift had live versions of the singles recorded on the Joshua Tree tour?

If two gifts in a row focussed on that there would be more complaints than there are for this one.

Hang on. You want them to use the subscriber gift to release something from the Joshua Tree tour because they haven’t released anything from it yet, even though the last subscriber gift had live versions of the singles recorded on the Joshua Tree tour?

If two gifts in a row focussed on that there would be more complaints than there are for this one.

Right. It's always going to be something. Heck, another "fan club" I'm a member of basically just sends me a tote bag and welcome letter every year, much less than anything actually music-related.

That said, I'll admit three songs on vinyl is a tad underwhelming. Duals and Artificial Horizon were a pretty good deal for me since it had a lot of songs I didn't have on CD anyway.

Why not some of Edge's beanies that he no longer wears? Why not some of Bono's kidney stones? Ugh, this band makes such bad decisions.

Because it is a re-release of an EP they put out called that? An EP that pre-dates the movie by 16-17 years? And anyone who reads that article would

a) Know That, and
b) No longer be confused

The U2 article says that it's inspired by it, but doesn't say that it has the same name, or that it has exactly the same tracks, as I'm now discovering. If they'd use the word re-release, that would be the end of it.

Last edited:
that was such a let down, probably the worse gift of all, though the lithographs were pretty lame too.
hopefully this means we can expect a remaster of R&H this year, a real complete edition this time.

Back
Top Bottom