2016 subscription offer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am very pleased with this gift actually. Not sure what I'll do with four different prints but I'll certainly put one on the wall. Audio would be good too - U22 and Edge's Picks were both subscriber gifts in the past weren't they? - but I didn't do anything with that stupid vinyl from last year. It's just collecting dust (and if someone wants it they can have it, just pay for shipping from Toronto!)

I'm shocked that people subscribe for any reason other than the presale. I really couldn't care less what "gift" is offered.

I'm shocked that people subscribe for any reason other than the presale. I really couldn't care less what "gift" is offered.

There are a good number of people who like U2 that don't live in America...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There are a good number of people who like U2 that don't live in America...

What does that have to do with presale codes or the subscriber gift? I don't live in the US either.

I am very pleased with this gift actually. Not sure what I'll do with four different prints but I'll certainly put one on the wall. Audio would be good too - U22 and Edge's Picks were both subscriber gifts in the past weren't they? - but I didn't do anything with that stupid vinyl from last year. It's just collecting dust (and if someone wants it they can have it, just pay for shipping from Toronto!)

I'm over in BC, I'll take it (sealed?) if you still have this. Let me know.

What does that have to do with presale codes or the subscriber gift? I don't live in the US either.

For people that live outside of the markets that get saturated with every tour, pre sale codes aren't a draw every year- the gift is really the only thing that encourages them to subscribe

For people that live outside of the markets that get saturated with every tour, pre sale codes aren't a draw every year- the gift is really the only thing that encourages them to subscribe

hey, you can always stream music you already own!
:incentive:

Haha finally getting back to my own post after forgetting it! Just renewed my membership. I'm actually pretty excited for the prints, definitely going to put them up! And above all, it's better than nothing. I'm pretty sure most of you subscribe for the presales, me too.

Well, son of a bitch. I went to renew this evening, because prior communications had said our accounts were extended until Feb. 16th. I go on, and there is no renewal option, so I called them. After listening to 10 minutes of staticky snippets of SoI, a woman came on the line and I explained to her that while some communications had said our accounts were expiring on Feb 16 (which I saw while I was on hold) I was pretty sure that earlier ones had said we were extended till Feb 16th, meaning end of day today. She said all subs were cut off at 3:59 pm. I told her I didn't want to lose my place, and so she said that she would submit a form to have them fix it for me, that she didn't think it would be a problem, and that they should get back to me within two days. It's partly my fault for leaving it till the last minute, but dammit, if the sub was only good till a specific time of day, or even the 15th, they should have made that clear. Oh, U2.com, how you suck.

It did amuse me though that a few seconds before she came on the line, SoI cut off, and I heard a few seconds of Steely Dan's Hey Nineteen.

She said all subs were cut off at 3:59 pm.

If that equates to 11:59 pm Ireland time, it makes a bit more sense, although a) it's not like their site is run out of Ireland; and b) they still should have specified the time zone.

But you're in Toronto, which is east coast, which is not 8 hours behind Ireland. Would 3:59 pm = 11:59 in Ireland if the company/site is run out of CA?

The struggle continues. I was told to call back in two days if I hadn't heard anything. Today is three days. Just got off the phone with them. Briefly told the story again to the new person, and she started asking me about my browser. I told her the first woman didn't even mention a browser issue, and said it was because the subs were cut off at that specific time on afternoon of the 16th, and I tried to renew in the evening. She was all "oh, WELL then, she didn't include that information in her report...I will put that in, and resubmit it." I told her that I provided the first woman with the very same information I gave her, and she was all "well, it wasn't in the report" in a tone that made her seem doubtful I had told the first one the full story. Same deal this time. She'll submit it, they'll get back to me.

From what she said though, it sounds like there was some sort of browser issue that did not allow people to renew, and they are working their way through processing those issues.

Being a fan shouldn't be this hard.

If that equates to 11:59 pm Ireland time, it makes a bit more sense, although a) it's not like their site is run out of Ireland; and b) they still should have specified the time zone.

But you're in Toronto, which is east coast, which is not 8 hours behind Ireland. Would 3:59 pm = 11:59 in Ireland if the company/site is run out of CA?

The thing is though, regardless of what time or time zone, if there were an arbitrary cut off time, that should have been clearly stated in all communication right from the start, and it wasn't. I deal with this sort of thing in my job, and legally, we have to be very precise and state exact times and time zones, in order for it to be legally enforceable. They didn't. I'm playing nice, hoping to get good results, but if need be, I'll go into their terms of service and see what I can find.

What I'm saying is, I'm tiny hippo in this story, and my subscription is tiny train. U2.com/Live Nation is the raven.

http://imgur.com/CIvjh

Imgur links don't work here? Seriously?

I ended up renewing on the last day.

For some reason I decided to check out the shop again, to see if there was anything actually worthwhile to use the 25% coupon on.

I don't know what I expected. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom