2016 subscription offer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw on Facebook that they've extended the deadline to renew.

Just got an email re the gift.

With band members in the studio working on the follow up to Songs Of Innocence, before heading back out on the road, our 2016 subscription package comes with a special gift celebrating the striking visual iconography of the U2ie Tour.

Subscribers will receive an exclusive collection of four high quality serigraphs, commissioned by the band and developed by their longtime creative collaborators musician Gavin Friday and art-director Shaughn McGrath.

This limited edition collection is made up of four beautiful screen prints, produced on heavy paper stock, measuring 60 x 45cm. A unique visual celebration of the U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour, the set includes band, live performance and on-screen imagery.

This special collection will not be on sale online or in store and and will be dispatched in the Spring.

Our subscribers can also anticipate special access to music - streaming and downloads - as well as video features including the band and their team. And when the band announce tour dates, as usual subscribers will have access to ticket presales.

Subscribers taking up a premium subscription can bundle the U2ie Tour Serigraph Collection with one of our earlier limited edition gifts - the double vinyl album 'Another Time, Another Place' or the book 'North Side Story'.

Full details will be launched in the coming week.

(Please note: if your current subscription ends on January 31st, it has now been extended to Tuesday Feb 16th. You will receive renewal reminders ahead of that deadline.)

Meh, not so excited about the new gift. BUT the good news lies in the first part of the first sentence: "With band members in the studio working on the follow up to Songs Of Innocence, before heading back out on the road" :applaud:

I like it, actually. I'd put up the one of them all on stage and maybe the waves one. *shrug*

Staying subscribed because pre-sale.

Meh, not so excited about the new gift. BUT the good news lies in the first part of the first sentence: "With band members in the studio working on the follow up to Songs Of Innocence, before heading back out on the road" :applaud:

Yes!

New gift blows. I'd rather have a second copy of the 10" vinyl if there was a choice between that and this set of prints. Watch the April RSD vinyl be something really worthy like a 3 album set of Point Depot Lovetown Tour NYE.

Agree, probably the most worthless gift to date. They're trying something new but most people want music. Not books or prints that will just end up crumpled and forgotten in the closet. U22 was one of the best gifts so would like something like that again. Probably won't bother renewing and save myself $45. For the past couple tours, I've always managed to get decent extra tickets for friends through Ticketmaster anyway. Been a member since the Propaganda days (circa Pop) but time to move on.

Monumentally awful gift. Seriously, this is a massive fail. Surely the sales figures from their previous lithographs would have given them a clue that they are exceptionally niche.

Boo.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hopefully "Full details will be launched in the coming week" means there is more to this than a couple of posters. I surely will not be renewing. I got better tickets WITHOUT the fan club presale last year than I did WITH the pre-sale. It's completely useless for me, a waste of $50.

While we're bitching about U2.com, I'd like to add how shitty their online shop is. I have my 25% off discount coupon from last year's subscription and I'm going to let that go to waste, because there isn't a single thing worth buying on there. I would love to get a good t-shirt or hoodie, but all of them are just plain fucking shitty.

does U2.com membership cost money? I hevent joined one and I don't know the value/whether it's gonna worth it, really

I will reserve judgement on this gift until i have it in my hands. Yes i will be renewing just because its what i always do. Also it would be nice to get the pre-sale on tickets.

I wish everything i typed didnt have red lines underneath it :huh: I also wish there were more to this gift, and i wish i was half my age and had twice the money.

Oh well, eat the moon's ass and piss on the sun, you might get off or you might get burnt, either way at least you took your shot.

While we're bitching about U2.com, I'd like to add how shitty their online shop is. I have my 25% off discount coupon from last year's subscription and I'm going to let that go to waste, because there isn't a single thing worth buying on there. I would love to get a good t-shirt or hoodie, but all of them are just plain fucking shitty.

And if you happen to live in europe or anywhere other than the US it seems you'll lose at least 12,5% of your coupon with the shipping costs too!! :cute:

Yeah the amount I saved from the discount was cancelled out by the shipping costs.

Same applies to me. I didn't use last years code. Probably won't use next years. Bloody shame. I wish you could use them at the merchandise stands to avoid this problem. Not very fair.

Weighing up renewing vs the risk of an Aus tour before next round. Thinking I will let it lapse, then pick it up in time for the next gift in the hope that pre-sale doesn't run first.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I mean... at least I may listen to a live cd or remixes once at some point. Art, I can certainly appreciate it (I actually really like the one with the waves) but I will honestly never use it, it will sit rolled up forever, that's just how it is. It is as useful as the metal key chain they gave me one year only take up more space to store.

U2 is a business. Period.

As a business enterprise that is on tour, Live Nation knows the renewal rate will be very high based on pre-sales alone. On a non tour year, they have to spend more on the gift (U22, From The Ground Up..etc) to make up the difference. Its basic.

The problem is many U2 fans still see the 4 lads as some sort of special beings that don't care about the $. Of course they do.

Why would the band and Live Nation spend a dime more on this year's gift, when it will bring them 0% more renewal rate?

I mean... at least I may listen to a live cd or remixes once at some point. Art, I can certainly appreciate it (I actually really like the one with the waves) but I will honestly never use it, it will sit rolled up forever, that's just how it is. It is as useful as the metal key chain they gave me one year only take up more space to store.

But... But you have the live audio already.

Back
Top Bottom