1st post / check out this New Years Day remix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakedstud

Babyface
so yeah i've been stalking these forums for years but was too lazy to register. i felt compelled to register today just to share this random remix of new years day i found on youtube. its a sample since the guy who made it apparantly accidentally deleted the recordings off of his computer. still imo it has the potential to be the best new years day remix out there. kid has got some talent

check it out

YouTube - U2 - New Years Day ( Mr.Neyus Sample REMIX )

yeah it sounds fantastic. too bad it only has 320 views as of right now. maybe we can motivate this guy to sit his ass down and finish the thing

youre saying i made it? lol i'm flattered!! if you take a closer look at the comments i'm the one trying to motivate him to finish it. his youtube id is MrNeyus

Lol so I raised my volume off mute to listen to this and.. I was like...

"what the hell? this is awful? why is everyone being so nice, this sounds so incredibly bad!"

then I realized... my NBA Heat v. Hawks stream at half time was playing! One of the commentators was blabbing, making it sound so awful!

I listened to it again... very well done!

Awesome! I think if the guys heard it they'd definitely approve. Hope he gets round to finishing it.

still imo it has the potential to be the best new years day remix out there.

I don't feel this at all from the sample. Feels like it's kindof going nowhere. All the same I'd like to hear the finished product.

Better:

YouTube - U2 - New Years Day (Ferry Corsten Remix) (not a huge fan of trance but hard to deny the awesomeness of using this song to open your set on..new year's day)

also:

YouTube - U2 - New Years Day 2004 Peran Remix bootleg unreleased

The Mauro Picotto and the original New Wave remix are great also.

I don't feel this at all from the sample. Feels like it's kindof going nowhere. All the same I'd like to hear the finished product.

The Mauro Picotto and the original New Wave remix are great also.

yeah i love em all. even marcus shulz did a decent mix which he played as an intro to a lot of his sets. but the reason i'm excited about this guys sample mix is because hes doing something totally different with the song. instead of speeding it up hes slowed it down and instead of playing the new years day piano over a generic trance beat hes changed up the piano tune and even played the bass to go with it. not bad at all i say

I feel like the USA Remix on the War remaster was insane and the best remix of New Year's Day. The others of NYD were sort of alright. As for this guys remix I just uh... I don't like it. Sorry. It sounds very hip hop and I don't like hip hop at all.:yuck:

I feel like the USA Remix on the War remaster was insane and the best remix of New Year's Day. The others of NYD were sort of alright. As for this guys remix I just uh... I don't like it. Sorry. It sounds very hip hop and I don't like hip hop at all.:yuck:

i know its called the kevorkian remix but its basically an alternate version of the song. but its amazing never the less

It sounds very hip hop and I don't like hip hop at all.:yuck:

It's not even hip hop soundy so much as it's almost like club music. I think it's a really good job well done, even if I'm not a fan of that music.

I hate club music. I'm much more in favor of the traditional rock music brought by U2 in the 80s decade (and the 2000s).

Back
Top Bottom