1997 Popmart Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starvela

The Fly
:confused:Was looking for some help..In your opinion, what is the best version (in terms of sound quality) to have of the 1997 Popmart Mexico show..?

Early bootlegs

Hasta La Vista Baby

Audio Rip from the DVD

Any information/thoughts will be greatly appreciated..:confused:

THX

DVD, no question. Does Hasta la vista even have the whole show?

When you rip the audio on the DVD, be sure to select the PCM stereo (lossless) track and not the Dolby Digital or DTS surround, which are both lossy.

DVD, no question. Does Hasta la vista even have the whole show? When you rip the audio on the DVD, be sure to select the PCM stereo (lossless) track and not the Dolby Digital or DTS surround, which are both lossy.
hasta la vista only has around 12 tracks from the show

yep.

But to the OP, if you're just looking for good Popmart audio, I would suggest Leeds. IMO, it was the best show of the tour.

I do have the Leeds and it is indeed a great show..I've always put the Mexico show in the backburner as it's been officially out for a while now..but recently remembered it was a great show and of course sound is going to be great if not the best from Popmart.

DVD, no question. Does Hasta la vista even have the whole show?

When you rip the audio on the DVD, be sure to select the PCM stereo (lossless) track and not the Dolby Digital or DTS surround, which are both lossy.

Thanks, I do have the DVD but clueless on how to rip the audio from the DVD..Here's hoping someone can help me get a copy of the DVD audio:pray:

What are you wanting a complete rip in MP3 or FLAC ? Complete track or seperated track by track ?

DVD Decrypter is free, you can demux the audio stream as WAV files

The DVD has edited certain things from the original show, which was on MTV and Showtime live. I was about 15 at the time and must've watched that recording everyday for a month. I remember Edge slightly fucking up his guitar riff during ISHFWILF, and they edited that. You can still see Bono sort of snicker in reaction to Edge's mess up on the DVD, even if the audio was cleaned up. Also, there was a part with Bono yelling at somebody who had a laser pointer, and it was also cut out.

There's also a part at the end of Last Night on Earth in the original video where Bono appears to have some sort of altercation with somebody at the edge of the b-stage, and after he gets back on the stage, as UTEOTW starts, he gives the guy a look that seems to say "if these other 50,000 people weren't here, I'd kick yer fuckin' ass!" This was all edited out of the DVD as well.

The DVD has edited certain things from the original show, which was on MTV and Showtime live. I was about 15 at the time and must've watched that recording everyday for a month. I remember Edge slightly fucking up his guitar riff during ISHFWILF, and they edited that. You can still see Bono sort of snicker in reaction to Edge's mess up on the DVD, even if the audio was cleaned up. Also, there was a part with Bono yelling at somebody who had a laser pointer, and it was also cut out.

Yeah, there were quite a few things that got edited. Would you happen to know if a small part of the Discotheque interlude was cut? I also had the showtime version on VHS tape, and could've sworn it was longer than on the DVD.

I don't think the whole thing was shown on MTV, was it? I taped it back then, and it's only the first hour, hosted by Matt Pinfield. I don't know about the Showtime version, though- that may have been more complete.

Showtime was the entire concert live. I remember staying up late to watch it.

I did too! Since I'm in Ohio, we're 3 hours ahead of Mexico City, so it didn't start until around midnight. It was a school night, and I was only 15. I convinced my parents to let me stay up late enough to push "record" on the VCR as it began. I ended up staying up past 2am watching the whole thing... and my Dad stayed up and watched it with me!

EDIT: Upon further examination, I have discovered the we're only 1 hour ahead of Mexico City. I had no idea!

What did your dad think? My mother loved JT-AB but has no use for anything after. Tragic, I say.

That was after the first show, where their head of security was ran over by the driver of the presidents sons car. They weren't on "the list" and thought they could push their way in. Had Management known they were coming they would've made special accomodations for them. That happened the first show, the DVD is from the 2nd show. Bono doesn't mention the incident, just dedicates a song to their injured head of security.

Back
Top Bottom