U2 Feedback - Comments

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Blogs > Bored Chicagoan
Click Here to Login
Don't expect much from me....and please keep the "OMG THAT'S SO GROSS! " to yourselves...I'm really sick of them.
  1. Old Comment

Yay!

I've never won anything.
  2. Old Comment

Yay!

How did your dad win the tickets?
    and I hope you and your dad enjoy the movie.
    I also like star trek especially the original.
  3. Old Comment

Yay!

Congrats on the tickets!

The only tickets I've ever won were to a concert last year. I was so excited to win, but then I couldn't go to it! I was so mad/sad.
  4. Old Comment

About the new tour/album

I don't think Bono was referring to the die-hard fans that make an event out of the concerts or even the sometimes-fans who only know a few of the radio hits. I think it was meant for the people who are only going to the concert because it's a concert. The ones who say "oh look, there's a famous band in town and I don't have anything to do on Thursday night, let's go". I used to have a supervisor like that - she didn't care if it was a concert, comedian, or broadway show, or whether or not she even knew of the artists, as long as it was a chance for her to dress up pretty, rent a limo and see-and-be-seen, she was there.

I also can't afford to take much time off and travel around with the band. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not a "real fan" (especially when the people who go see five or more shows each tour start comparing notes), but then I remember that one show or one hundred, it doesn't matter. I love their music and that's good enough for me.

Sorry for the belated reply. I only recently re-visited this site for the first time in forever and found your friend request. (Which was probably from way back in 2005, so I apologize if this comment seems to come from nowhere.)
  5. Old Comment

About the new tour/album

Thanks man.

Yea, I didn't fully understand the comment until now (I'm a emotional ditz) but at the time I felt hurt because I'm one of those people that can't afford to travel with the band (even BEFORE the U.S. economy started downfalling!) whenever they go on tour.
  6. Old Comment

About the new tour/album

Ah, I don't think Bono was talking about YOU! I have been a fan since 1981 and it IS true that alot of people go to U2 cuz it's THEE concert to go to! Chicks dig it, additude, so if you want to hook up with this gal, etc..! i have went to many U2 concerts, only to see just about everyone in that section Sitting throughout the concert...until Said songs start!!! Only ones they seem to know!! so..feel free to go to chicago...I intend on being there!! singing and dancing, enjoying U2live!!! You will never be the same!
  7. Old Comment

First entry of 2009

Here is a ginormous
  8. Old Comment

Thanksgiving entry

Thanks Angela and indra

I know things will pick up soon for us indra...I have total faith that my dad will have another job soon (I know I shouldn't have too much faith in my dad...but I know he will have another job)
  9. Old Comment

Thanksgiving entry

I still miss my mum (she died four years ago), especially during holidays. Hope things pick up soon for you and your dad.
  10. Old Comment
  11. Old Comment

I'm a loner...and I'm happy about it!

i think of myself as a loner, i have like four really good friends, and a bunch of other people i know but don't care for. and yet, inside, i do feel like i am destined to die alone, both my real parents have been gone for a long time, and although i try and tell myself i am strong, i know i/m not. i feel emotionally fucked up.
  12. Old Comment

Random chatter*

Did you know you said sorry 3 times in this entry, and it was a sorry for simply speaking what's on your mind each time? You really need to stop apologising for being yourself.

13. Old Comment

Random chatter*

Hey, don't feel bad, I can totally see where you're coming from. I've barely left the house this summer ,but to go to work, as I've just not felt motivated (though turns out the lack of motivation was because I'm anemic, but anyways) it can be tough to finally get things going, but you seem like you're about ready to try, the hardest part is to but your fear aside and just do what needs to be done.
  14. Old Comment
    Posted 07-24-2008 at 05:35 PM by No spoken words No spoken words is offline
  15. Old Comment

I feel disgusted

You know I was being sarcastic, right?
    :)
  16. Old Comment

I feel disgusted

I know it's a bummer to waste food, but, hey, it was an accident! At least you didn't accidentally throw away some valuables or anything.
  17. Old Comment

I feel disgusted

wha??
    You are mad at yourself for throwing some meat away?
    wow.
    It's not like you have some heavy shit going on in your life.

Geez woman, get a fecking grip.
  18. Old Comment

I'm sorry

Have you met Screwtape yet?
  19. Old Comment

*sigh*

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom.

As far as the job thing...how about not making any excuses? Just accept the fact that you were fired for being late, vow to do better, and keep looking for a job. Having a work record that isn't exactly pristine may mean that you won't land the greatest job right off the bat, but you surely can find somewhere to start off fresh. Even just finding something part-time a few days a week or something could help you get back into the swing of things without making you feel overwhelmed or that it is taking too much time away from your parents.
  20. Old Comment

Cell Phones

Sorry to hear about your mom...

What about E-bay?